Subject: General Comment rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BGG Admin
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
For those that don't know... the latest edition of Shark has a revised board that totally changes the dynamics of the game (forcing more interaction in the middle of the board). I found the old board very static... and the interactions were either very predictable... or didn't occur often enough. This is DEFINITELY not the case on the new board.

I find this remains one of my all-time favorite money/stock games... and most who have played with the new board agree. I highly recommend this game to anyone who was turned off by Acquire... or to anyone who is a fan of Acquire and wants something with a little different tilt (in this game... money is secret... and stock holdings are public).

And... as an aside... I acutally finished a game once with a final score of $0... that's $0 in cash... AND no stocks at the end of the game. This is actually VERY difficult (and I've never seen it happen before or since) since you normally get $1 per turn as a minimum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Boes
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:General Comment
Kyrian (#1705),

How can you tell if you have a new or old board (for Shark)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Sjoholm
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here, please move along.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:General Comment
MurWiz (#3118),

The old board was published by Flying Turtle games, and features a rectangular playing area with 6 sections. I haven't seen the new board.

- Chris Sjoholm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.