Recommend
50 
 Thumb up
 Hide
81 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

Carrier» Forums » Variants

Subject: Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal on the IPAD ! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cyril
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hello,

After 3 years of work, I have finally published my first wargame on the App Store

The people loving Carrier should love this iPad wargame as well
https://itunes.apple.com/app/carrier-battles-for-guadalcanal...


CARRIER BATTLES FOR GUADALCANAL is a 1-player historical wargame covering the naval-air battles in the South Pacific in 1942

The game keeps the spirit of the classic wargames and makes use of the latest technology to offer more experience to the player. All taking less space and less time to play without reducing the fun !

Play the US side against a powerful Japanese AI opponent
Find the Japanese and strike at them before they sink your precious carriers and prevent them from invading key points in New Guinea and in the Solomon Islands

Main features:

- 5 historical scenarios from The Battle of the Coral Sea in May 42 to the Naval Battles of Guadalcanal in November 42
- Hex map with a scale of 30 miles per hex
- 25 types of warplanes
- Historical ships
- Naval-air search, progressive intelligence gathering on enemy naval forces
- Air strikes against naval and land targets
- Surface battles
- Advanced damage system
- Invasion, naval bombardment
- Radar
- Turn-based system of 20 minutes each
- Available in English and in French
- and much more....

The duration of a game is about 1-3 hours
No internet connection required to play once installed

Cheers,
Cyril
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Trovato
Italy
Rome
ITALY
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You already know the first question in this case.... when, if ever, the android version?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyril
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
alextrov wrote:
You already know the first question in this case.... when, if ever, the android version?


When there will be huge demand for this
But first, let's see if we can reach a lot of players on the iPad
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Young
United States
Yakima
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks very nice, Cyril.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

OK... I'll add to the demand for an Android version. I selected Android over Apple for its additional capabilities. So I'd love to see this game shine on Android. Plus, as I understand it, there are more Android devices sold than Apple, so there's gotta be some demand?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alpha Mastrano
Australia
Heidelberg
Victoria, Australia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I demand an Android version too
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Parsons
United Kingdom
Rochford
Essex
flag msg tools
We few,we happy few,we band of brothers;For he today that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother: be he ne’er so vile;And gentlemen in England now-abed Shall think themself accurs’d they were no here That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

" This is not the Android Version you are looking for .."

whistle
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Donnelly
Canada
Unspecified
BC
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I want a VHS version.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wade
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hoping the Commodore 64 version is out soon...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Trovato
Italy
Rome
ITALY
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

I did the Spectrum version but i will keep for myself only.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Clark
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd happily buy a PC or Android version. I'm just not an Apple guy, sorry.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucius Cornelius
United States
Vindolanda
Britannia
flag msg tools
badge
Lord Protector of Nothing in Particular
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Loving this game! 11 games so far in the first 3 scenarios, with 2 wins, 6 draws, and 3 defeats.
It really brings out the board game's true potential by letting the player focus on the command decisions and not bogged down in dice rolling and chart/rule consulting, not that they are not with their own charm.
The beautifully rendered map, detailed damage reports, search circles, priority plane operations, and the detailed event log makes it not only a tense and brutal game but also a pleasure!
A fast, convenient, and portable version of Carrier, visually and functionally enhanced! kisskisskiss
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

sullafelix wrote:
A fast, convenient, and portable version of Carrier, visually and functionally enhanced!

Is it indeed a digital version of Carrier, the board game, or does it more simply resemble Carrier in its theme?

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucius Cornelius
United States
Vindolanda
Britannia
flag msg tools
badge
Lord Protector of Nothing in Particular
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bgm1961 wrote:

sullafelix wrote:
A fast, convenient, and portable version of Carrier, visually and functionally enhanced!

Is it indeed a digital version of Carrier, the board game, or does it more simply resemble Carrier in its theme?

The former definitely; all the little things in Carrier are there and if you have played Carrier, you are ready to play it almost right away. Doesn't come with the Final Countdown though. whistle
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Combat Commander, Up Front, Breakout Normandy, Fields of Fire! The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bgm1961 wrote:

Plus, as I understand it, there are more Android devices sold than Apple, so there's gotta be some demand?

More devices sold, but iOS owners spend more than 400% money on apps than Android owners. Which is probably one of the primary reasons app developers often start with iOS despite fewer numbers of devices sold. I don't question the capabilities argument or units sold numbers, but as an indie developer myself (in the past) with limited resources, I know where I'd focus my efforts first. But yes, an Android version would be nice to have, certainly.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyril
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
sullafelix wrote:
Loving this game! 11 games so far in the first 3 scenarios, with 2 wins, 6 draws, and 3 defeats.
It really brings out the board game's true potential by letting the player focus on the command decisions and not bogged down in dice rolling and chart/rule consulting, not that they are not with their own charm.
The beautifully rendered map, detailed damage reports, search circles, priority plane operations, and the detailed event log makes it not only a tense and brutal game but also a pleasure!
A fast, convenient, and portable version of Carrier, visually and functionally enhanced! kisskisskiss


Hi Lucius,

11 games in a few days, I am impressed by this pace !
I am happy that you love this game and I have a lot of new ideas to improve it (campaign game, more scenarios, play the Japanese side, etc...). You can check the forum linked with the game
http://cbfg.xooit.org/f6-New-Features.htm

Cheers,
Cyril
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyril
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
DaveyJJ wrote:
bgm1961 wrote:

Plus, as I understand it, there are more Android devices sold than Apple, so there's gotta be some demand?

More devices sold, but iOS owners spend more than 400% money on apps than Android owners. Which is probably one of the primary reasons app developers often start with iOS despite fewer numbers of devices sold. I don't question the capabilities argument or units sold numbers, but as an indie developer myself (in the past) with limited resources, I know where I'd focus my efforts first. But yes, an Android version would be nice to have, certainly.


Indeed, iOS people are more active than Android ones.

In my company - where I am working in a team dedicated to mobile apps - we are usually starting a development with iOS and then copy paste to Android. But our users are mostly internal and these apps are their working tool so that have to use them. 50/50 in this case

The app has been developed natively (not using a cross-platform framework like Unity for instance). Porting it to android will require a lot of time and money, less than the original game but still. So it will requires a crowdfunding for sure


1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Well, I'll certainly help out. And I hear what people are saying about why start with ios over Android first. But it's my gut feeling that there's an untapped market of Android-owning boardgamers out there.

At my weekly meet-up group (about 20-30 people out of a 400+ membership show up every week), I'm seeing more and more people pull an Android out of their pocket to use Chwazi to select start player.

Anyway, if it does require crowd funding, keep us informed and I'll be in!

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucius Cornelius
United States
Vindolanda
Britannia
flag msg tools
badge
Lord Protector of Nothing in Particular
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bladerunner69 wrote:
sullafelix wrote:
Loving this game! 11 games so far in the first 3 scenarios, with 2 wins, 6 draws, and 3 defeats.
It really brings out the board game's true potential by letting the player focus on the command decisions and not bogged down in dice rolling and chart/rule consulting, not that they are not with their own charm.
The beautifully rendered map, detailed damage reports, search circles, priority plane operations, and the detailed event log makes it not only a tense and brutal game but also a pleasure!
A fast, convenient, and portable version of Carrier, visually and functionally enhanced! kisskisskiss


Hi Lucius,

11 games in a few days, I am impressed by this pace !
I am happy that you love this game and I have a lot of new ideas to improve it (campaign game, more scenarios, play the Japanese side, etc...). You can check the forum linked with the game
http://cbfg.xooit.org/f6-New-Features.htm

Cheers,
Cyril
Thanks for your efforts! Another strategic defeat at the Eastern Solomons! cry Good luck in your improving the already great game!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyril
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
bgm1961 wrote:

sullafelix wrote:
A fast, convenient, and portable version of Carrier, visually and functionally enhanced!

Is it indeed a digital version of Carrier, the board game, or does it more simply resemble Carrier in its theme?



The answer is ressemble but Carrier players will retrieve the spirit of their favorite game and find similarities (history, objectives, intelligence levels and a few minor rules) and quickly jump into the game


1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron A
United States
Coronado
California
flag msg tools
badge
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet-Gen. Mattis
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Another vote for Android version, please.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Wedge
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested in an Android version too.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Hulpia
msg tools
Is there a tutorial?
Can you consult the charts ingame?

Thanks in advance.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Frederick
United States
Lexington
KY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone play this yet? It is tempting. Going to be doing some long distance plane travel soon, so thinking it may be a good thing to have ready to play.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyril
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
paul6464 wrote:
Is there a tutorial?
Can you consult the charts ingame?

Thanks in advance.


Yes there are a lots of tutorial pages which are progressively disclosed to the player

The player can go over charts, rules and counters characteristics during a scenario
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.