Subject: Cosmic Run Envoys Expansion: Collected F.A.Q. with answers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Finn
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I've started this thread as a way to keep all of the questions about the expansion cards in one place. Once the expansion's entry is approved by BGG, I can move the thread to its appropriate place. I am also linking to the thread from my website, so people can easily find answers to rules questions regarding the expansion.

Please post your question and I will promptly answer. I will edit this list as I answer the questions and keep them all below here.

F.A.Q. Re: Envoys Expansion

Q. How do I get these cards?
A. This expansion pack, along with expansion packs for Capo dei Capi and Institute for Magical Arts, were first offered during Dr. Finn's campaign for The Butterfly Garden. The packs will only be available to Kickstarter backers of future campaigns and perhaps some rare special sales events. They will not be sold to stores.

Q. What's in the pack and how does it add to the game?
A. 6 "envoy cards" are included, each of which has a blue die numbered from 1-6. During the game, players can assign the blue die to the matching numbered envoy. Each envoy provides a recurring power that stays with the player until another players uses the blue die to take it away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Coppedge
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First I've heard of this!

kickstarter wrote:
As many of you know, Dr. Finn's Games has just launched a Kickstarter project for The Butterfly Garden, a campaign in which an expansion pack is available for Cosmic Run. The Cosmic Run Envoys Expansion includes 6 new Envoy cards, which players can recruit by assigning the blue die to the envoy. Each envoy provides a unique power that may be used each turn, unless another player steals the envoy away. One such power is that of the Traveler whose fast ship allows you to move up 2 spaces on a track if the assigned die (or dice) match the planet number.

The Envoy cards are not available separately, due to the fact that I needed to ensure that most of the money raised on the campaign goes toward the production of The Butterfly Garden, but you can get the cards in conjunction with other lower priced items (including expansion packs for Capo die Capi and Institute for Magical Arts). Also, The Butterfly Garden itself is only $15 and it is quite a fun little game with pretty butterfly pictures.

Here's the link to the campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/337407318/the-butterfly....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kon Stavrinos
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too, was this part of the original pledge or was it added later?
The web link in the Kickstarter for the special expansion packs go nowhere and there is nothing on the Dr Finn's web site about the expansions....

Odd indeed, Brian.
So my questions are:

What do these expansions contain (cards, dice, tokens etc.)and what do they add, game play wise to the original game?
Can we obtain/buy these expansions listed in the Kickstarter?
Can we buy them separately?
Where from?
How much (including postage costs around the world)?

I think these would be a good start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Finn
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
MrBaggy wrote:
Me too, was this part of the original pledge or was it added later?
The web link in the Kickstarter for the special expansion packs go nowhere and there is nothing on the Dr Finn's web site about the expansions....

Odd indeed, Brian.
So my questions are:

What do these expansions contain (cards, dice, tokens etc.)and what do they add, game play wise to the original game?
Can we obtain/buy these expansions listed in the Kickstarter?
Can we buy them separately?
Where from?
How much (including postage costs around the world)?

I think these would be a good start.

I answered most of the questions and added them to the first post above. The cost is essentially $5, but must be added to the Kickstarter pledge for whatever game I am presently Kickstarting. People can sign up to my email list or Facebook/Twitter to be kept abreast of my campaigns. www.doctorfinns.com for more info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.