Popular Tags: [View All]
Andres Salazar
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
For those that have the Pariah Missouri scenario and have questions about rules, locations or cards, please post them here. I will do my best to explain and clarify.

Please keep your questions in the SPOILER tags, so that other's aren't spoiled.

MAKE SURE YOUR PDF FILE NAME IS ROUGH-4. That has the most corrected version.
What was changed?
Item #34
Veil A and Livery E card backs were switched.

Andres
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andres Salazar
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Question #1: Password to Location 11?

Hint/Rules
Spoiler (click to reveal)
The password is a phrase or word that you will receive at another location from one of the characters you encounter. Add up the letters of that phrase or single word and pull that item card out. You will see right away if it's correct.

ANSWER - don't click unless you want the answer!
The answer to the password is Outer Darkness.

Question #2: How to find the Farm?

Hint/Rules
To find Eli's Farm, you will need the Map of the farms, the List of brands in the Livery and Stone that has the code. With these three objects, you can find the correct location/farm on the map. Then pull out that item card number to see if you are correct.

Question #3: Night and Day Plan cards

Once you go night, you stay night. You can't go back in time to the daytime (plans) until you re-start the RUN. The Time Stories STAMP is only applicable to that day or night that it is. Once you move to the other time, then all those PLAN cards are replaced with the other (night)version. You will notice that some locations will open and some will close.
So I could make all the night with the Time Stories stamp, but then, you would think that when you re-start the run you have to go Night, which is not the case. Trying to figure out how best to show that time change, maybe I should add a rules card to explain that better.

There is an exception, but that is in the last part of the game, and you will know when that is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Smith
msg tools
I just want to confirm a printing issue:

On the item cards in the PDF, on almost every sheet of card backs it follows the pattern of:

6 5
8 7

or

10 9
12 11

so that the cards line up correctly. However, on the first sheet of item card backs it doesn't do this. The PDF shows:

2 1
3 4

Is that second row correct or should it be 4 on the left and then 3?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Smith
msg tools
I think there's also an issue where the back(text/action) side of the Livery E card and the Veil A card are mixed up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andres Salazar
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Taylor, yes Veil A and Livery E are mixed up. Big boo boo. I corrected it on the new pdf on the website. Sorry about that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andres Salazar
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Taylor,
cards on page 2-3 should be printed as they are.
Prior to PDF'ing the file, I did switch out the numbers of the items card front, instead of changing the backings, but it is working and correct. Good spotting that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Bolens
msg tools
mb
I had a chance to play through one run last night, and I have to say I'm really enjoying it. My girlfriend and I were absolutely slaughtered by the demons in the school house (we had no weapons), and our run ended last night with about 8 TU left. I like the gold idea, and the included gambling element to get more gold. Spirit is also a totally kick ass idea.

It blew my mind when everything switched over to night and new locations opened up and the Docks closed (which we had not gone to yet). I think that's a really cool element. The different character interactions are also played out very well (like Toro getting free drinks, and Jean getting in a fight when you enter the bar).

When we actually finish (this weekend probably), I plan on running through all the cards and doing a detailed grammar + spelling review. I definitely noticed 3-5 cards that had spelling issues, or just didn't flow well while playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andres Salazar
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Daniel,

You seriously made my week! Thank you so much for your comments. I'm very glad that what I was trying to do is working!

Thank you! I feel validated for the night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Braun
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ran this at PDXAGE yesterday and haven't had a chance to do the detailed feedback yet. Did want to mention that we ran into the quandary mentioned in a previous spoiler, and without realizing the ramifications of visiting locations, ended up feeling frustrated waiting out TUs before fixing our predicament. However, we all loved the artwork, and the situations mentioned in the questions above were wonderfully puzzling. I agree there are some rough edges (grammar here and there) but editorial help from those who have gone through the scenario will make this a super top-notch scenario.

Bravo on this effort! Space Cowboys probably had this in mind with their design help document.

Dale
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andres Salazar
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How many different winning endings are there? 3? The one we ended with appears to not need to get to locations 17-18 at all. Pratt House too easy to find? I think going to the farm should be a must. Did I miss something by not having to go there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andres Salazar
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Spoilers for question on the path for the game, what locations are mandatory.

yes, you don't need to go to the Dance, but you do need to go to Mudd KS.

Here is the beakdown, please let me know if this is how it worked for you:

1. You can either go to SchoolHouse (fight the demons) or Farm (fight Eli) to get the needed Token to open up MUDD Kansas.

2. Go to MUDD. Once there, you can go back to Pariah, (In the Daytime) which opens back
3. up some of the areas, like the Docks. (optional)
4. You can then go to Pratt's Mansion and confront the Syndicate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
went the schoolhouse route.
then Mudd, then Pratt Mansion.
never went to Outer Darkness, nor the farm. Both puzzles skipped. I think more fun would be had if those locations were visited.
took 4 runs but actually 3.1 runs - ran out of time at Pratt's the first time so no real exploration the last run.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andres Salazar
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Then, yeah I need to make that Mandatory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobi Wagner
Germany
Ludwigsburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All cards are printed and sleeved, we'll play your scenario tomorrow!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anyone else finish it? geekmail me, and we'll compare notes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andres Salazar
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Make sure that you are playing Version 4 of the file name.

Items 3 and 4 were switched, it will make a BIG difference.

Other things to know: Don't worry about the Spirit Tokens carrying over to other runs, I think we will scrap that.

Horses are only for movement, no additional Grit.

ONCE IT GOES NIGHT, ALL of the PLAN cards go NIGHT. You can't go back to day, unless you start your run over. (This is one exception, but you have to go "there" for day time to re-trigger)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Might mention: The night cards kept over from run to run are enacted only after hitting night naturally, not a forced thing.

the word 4 is on the puzzle; 4 would lead to the farm in v3?
changing the farmland picture to have the 4 and 3 icons changed would be best, so the 3 is in the triangle?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobi Wagner
Germany
Ludwigsburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
greegan wrote:
Make sure that you are playing Version 4 of the file name.

Items 3 and 4 were switched, it will make a BIG difference.

Other things to know: Don't worry about the Spirit Tokens carrying over to other runs, I think we will scrap that.

Horses are only for movement, no additional Grit.

ONCE IT GOES NIGHT, ALL of the PLAN cards go NIGHT. You can't go back to day, unless you start your run over. (This is one exception, but you have to go "there" for day time to re-trigger)

Okay, some quick questions before we start our first run in 9 hours. Problem is: I had printed most cards of version 3 before you released version 4. I won't print all of the cards again, so please let me know what diffenrences there are.

- Are Items 3 and 4 still switched in version 4 of the print file? Item 3 now has a picture on the back, item 4 just hast text. I think this is the same in both of the versions.

- I already had printed item 34 of version 3. Comparing it to item 34 of version 4 I could not spot any difference (not on the picture, not in the text). Why should I reprint it anyway?

- Livery-E and Veil-A do have the corrected backsides.

EDIT: Okay, I downloaded the file again and there are differences between the "old version 4" and the "new version 4" I downloaded on my computer.

I printed item 34 and item 36 again because I noticed, that there were numbers switched (on item 34) and a sentence added (on item 36).

I hope that this are all the changes I have to make.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobi Wagner
Germany
Ludwigsburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Done. I'll write a feedback tomorrow, need to go to bed now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheHunter wrote:
Done. I'll write a feedback tomorrow, need to go to bed now.

completed one run or all done with the mission?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobi Wagner
Germany
Ludwigsburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Completed the mission.

It took us 2 runs. We had 5 TU left in the end and chose the same route as you (Schoolhouse, The Jewel, Mudd, Pratt's House). There were same really cool ideas and moments and we enjoyed playing. We did not need to solve a single puzzle what was kind of unsatisfying. I'm gonna write a detailed feedback during the day for Andres.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheHunter wrote:
Completed the mission.

It took us 2 runs. We had 5 TU left in the end and chose the same route as you (Schoolhouse, The Jewel, Mudd, Pratt's House). There were same really cool ideas and moments and we enjoyed playing. We did not need to solve a single puzzle what was kind of unsatisfying. I'm gonna write a detailed feedback during the day for Andres.

Yeah, I think getting forced into the puzzles would be good for the scenario, even if there is a loss of the three different ways to win; which is really cool, but somehow get the puzzles too (at least the farm, as that is really a strange part of the plot).In fact without the last two locations, you never sense a need to get rid of anyone till Pratt's house; people were doing a good job on their own.
Did you go to the Dance? We never did.
Did come close to finishing the game via the Livery (all 4 state tokens)? We were missing the pink tokens.
How much of the Farm map did you find? We had all four, but the item was not updated so it led to item 4, not the farm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobi Wagner
Germany
Ludwigsburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Detailed feedback mailed to Andres, thank you for letting us play "Pariah"! And yes, we really had fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andres Salazar
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Yes, I think that's all you need to do.

Don't give your Horses that +1 on GRIT. It makes the battles too easy.

Have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.