Subject: The Colony 2147 - Deckbuilding & Dice Rolling At Its Best rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nadine Giquel
South Africa
Durban
flag msg tools
The game:
The year is 2174 and you are a Colony Director on the planet Fury 1228. You need to mine a resource called Novinium to pay for your colony structures & complete these before anyone else. There are a lot of things that can go wrong and you have to deal with events such as eruptions or outbreaks which can destroy some of your structures and set you back. These come in the form of event cards but are not all negative, it is possible to be rewarded or even to sabotage other players. You need to use strategic deckbuilding skills combined with the luck of D8 dice rolling. It's a lot of fun, although can get serious if you are a more advanced player.

Artwork:
The artwork is always an important factor for me in any game. If I'm staring at something for a couple of hours it had better pretty, and The Colony 2174 is oh so pretty! It is clear that a lot of thought went into the colour combinations and images to differentiate the cards and please the eyes. The images are crisp and carry the beautiful sci-fi theme through all the components.

Quality:
All the components are of high quality - nothing worse than holding thin & cheaply made cards. The cards are thick enough so they don't warp or require sleeves if you don't like sleeving your cards. The tokens are also sturdy and don't show any wear as you use them. It's worth paying the slightly higher cost of this game for the fantastic quality.

Overall Opinion:
This game is excellent. Easy to learn and explain to new players but with interesting gameplay that can become more intricate as you develop strategies. There is also the element of luck with the dicerolling so it cannot become boring. The mechanics have been cleverly designed to ensure repeat playability. Definitely worth taking the risk on this new designer/publisher to add The Colony 2174 your collection.

https://www.thegamecrafter.com/games/the-colony-2174
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.