Daniel Danzer
Germany
Stuttgart
southwest
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is no complaint, so please don`t move it there.

Saying this, I already indicate what my question is.

New forums seem to appear in the boxes on the front page, where almost every user has a first view after the login looking for the news. So, forums have almost only a chance to be noticed if they appear here.

Obviously forums are not shown here, if they are posted in the "Everything Else" - section (including the "Complaint Department") or are moved there for any reason.

Looking up the different sections I realized there are quite a few forums about "I can`t do this" or "having trouble with that" with similar or even the same topics in both sections - "complaint" (so kind of hidden) and "BGG general" (on the front page), and there are some threads in the "Complaint Department" being no complaints at all. Well, some threads are moved to the complaint department but kept in the front page box with a hint saying : Moved", others are moved without this.

So, my question is, who decides this and what are the reasons or the pattern?

BTW, almost every thread with "Michael Barnes" in the subject (after Aldie`s statement "The Banning of Michael Barnes") immediately seems to be automatically a complaint , e.g. http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/156480

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.