james napoli
United States
Westwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

i recently ordered runebound, and the online store sent me the wrong copy. I just sent it back, and they are going to offer to pay for my shipping fee. I was considering having them just include one of the smaller expansions instead.

Can anyone recommend what might be a good one/two smaller expansions to get.

I've never played the game, but i can say i'm not really for the desert type scenarios and pref more of the magic/fantasy theme...if that helps at all.

THANKS!
-
James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mika R.
Finland
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Terrors of the Tomb is nice. It adds some new challenges and encounters to the green, yellow, blue and red decks. I have also the Artifacts & Allies item expansion but I have to warn you that some of the new artifacts haven't been found very useful in my group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
james napoli
United States
Westwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for ur thorough response.

i'm leaning towards:
The Scepter of Kyros

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know how much money you have, but you can buy an entire SET of the cards for about $30-35 bucks off eBay. There have been 2 card expansions with 6 decks each, so that's $60 bucks and you'll have ALL the card expansions which include new items, new allies, new monsters to fight from Green to Yellow to Blue to Red, and new storyliens. There was a 3rd card expansion set of 6, but you don't need the Character Class decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Santee
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let us know how you like it. My girlfriend and I love this game! I recently picked up Champions of Kellos items and allies, Sceptor of Kyros, and Crown of Elder Kings. Have yet to try those out yet though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.