Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Debije
Netherlands
Eindhoven
The Netherlands
flag msg tools
Roman acquired a copy while on a trip to the US, and wanted to learn how to play from someone he knew, hearing how tough it is to learn from scratch from the rulebook. Joined by Audrey, we decided to play a one-epoch game in our three hour time slot alloted. I had Venice, Roman had Spain, and Audrey got Genoa with the low bid. With the aid of Crusades, Audrey jumped out to big gains in the East, but made her the opening target. Roman played a couple commodity cards early that gave him a money edge. I sputtered along, picking up some funds here and there from commodities, until a big strike of two played leader cards that netter me overland east and another advance well before the others. I invaded the unexploited northeast, and hit jackpot with furs. Audrey did a double strike on Roman and me with two cards, but unfortunately, the one on me backfired, and she had to cede four cities to me after the War. From there, a couple commodity cards later, I could cruise and won handily. Me 431, Roman 175, Audrey 144. We had a good time, and Roman got the feel of the game: he plans to play with friends later. Some good laughs at the fickleness of fate as Audrey learned what a bummer it can be being with discontent populace!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.