Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: components [+] counters [+] variants [+] [View All]
Martin Lindström
Sweden
Lund
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm planning on introducing a couple of new players to EE, and thought I'd make a few extra counters to clarify some things.

The main thing I'm thinking about is making a counter for rule 9.19 (Ploesti Oil). It's a pretty important rule later on in the game, and I think it's a little bit of a shame that it isn't marked on the jan/feb 1943 turn.

The counter I had in mind will have something like
'jan/feb 1943'
on one side, and a drop of oil with an exclamation mark on the other. That way I can place the counter on the Ploesti area, and my (new to the rules) opponent won't miss the importance of Ploesti in 1943 and later

Some others I've thought of:
- Counter marking that Italy is allowed in France (1942 or later with allies in France)
- A counter marking the year (1942) when German units may enter Vichy French Levant. During my first game, we were checking that date a couple of times, so my opponent would not forget taking it with his british troops before then.

Does anyone have other suggestions on rules such as these that make for useful counters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
This user is outstanding in mediocre videogaming
badge
Did you visit my www.kobudovenlo.nl? It has game info
mbmbmbmbmb
Good idea.
Something like this?

Couldn't resist the artistic invitation

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Lindström
Sweden
Lund
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, that's really good
I especially like the oil drums, my own prototype design only had a crummy oil drop that didn't look so good.

I might even "steal" your design.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kazin wrote:
I might even "steal" your design.
Of course! That's why I uploaded it. Just rightclick and select "Save as...". It should be the right size (I made it 5/8 inch. Thought that's about the size used in EE, from the top of my head.

By the way: the oildrum is from the font "Webdings" in Word, copy-pasted in Paint, made grey, copy paste into a set of 3. Nowadays anyone can make decent counters.

[nostalgie]
I remember drawing counters on a pieces of paper with very sharp pencils and 0.3mm pens, when I was 14... Haha.
[/nostalgie]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael B
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, If you have the original map, I've found some little 'supply' counters are helpful in the Mediterranean placed on the important islands helps to remember what islands in who's control reduces which side's supply per fleet point and/or some counters to mark how much supply per fleet point each side gets through the Med. I've heard this was added to the map in the 2.0 print.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Lindström
Sweden
Lund
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finished!

Hopefully this image-link will work:

The counters are:
Ploesti Oil
Italy allowed in France
Germany allowed in French Levant
Italy Morale-collapse
German paratroopers grounded

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great job! Nicely done! I'll certainly print&use them.

How did you make them (since they're much sharper then my previous Ploesti counter)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Lindström
Sweden
Lund
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used Photoshop.

The oil drums were done using your tips (Webdings)

The flags and the german paradrop-icon were taken from the game graphics themselves (apart from the Vichy-flag, I had to change that myself)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.