Kevin Brazee
United States
Green Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Well, rave on Its a crazy feeling and I know its got me reeling
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am about to accept a job in Boston with Liberty Mutual. Coming from a low cost area in PA (Poconos) I am concerned about maintaining the quality of life for my family.

For those familar with the Boston area is it possible to find a 2500 square foot house for $300 to $400K if we live 35 to 50 minutes outside of Boston (preferably to the south)?

Any suggestion as to what town might work would be appreciated. I have a 10 yo and a 15 yo so the quality of the school system is very important. Also I would like to live near the trains to the city.

Thanks

BuddyHolly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
You know who is REALLY familiar with answering questions like that? Oddly enough, it's real estate agents who work 35-50 minutes south of Boston! I can tell you exactly where to live in Revere Beach if you want to watch cars get firebombed at 3:00AM, or smell fish heads boiling from dusk 'til dawn! Just let me know if you need that info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pakpreo
United States
Cambridge
MA - Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Try Quincy/Braintree area. From what I have been told/over heard, The houses could be from 300k-750k. I don't think you will find anything closer to Boston for that much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Wilson
United States
Northampton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rappak wrote:
Try Quincy/Braintree area. From what I have been told/over heard, The houses could be from 300k-750k. I don't think you will find anything closer to Boston for that much.

You can find houses in Sommerville for about as much... some friends of mine bought a multi-family for $380,000. Just brush-up on your Brazilian Portugues.... porque muitos brasileiros moran no Sommerville... (many Brazilians live there).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
mbmbmbmbmb
You can do an initial search at www.realtor.com.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
with the 35 - 50 minute radius, you should do all right. That gives you lots and lots of options.

if you like explosions and fish heads, i think there's a suggestion on this thread for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Is it just me or do my balls itch?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll second Sommerville as a cool place to be.

On the subject of games & Boston, check this:

http://unitygames.org/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if it's an indication of the quality of schooling in Somerville, but I find it odd that its supporters in this thread don't seem able to even spell its name correctly....

Stick with Braintree--with a name like that, how can you go wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.