Subject: Need help comparing some games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: thisorthat [+] [View All]
Todd
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am interested in purchasing a new game for my collection and have narrowed it down to three games. I have read reviews and various posts, but I really want to find out how people who have played them think they compare.

I am interested in Yspahan, Taluva, and Gheos.

If you have played them I would be interested in knowing how they compare to each other in the following ways:

- Ease of teaching to non-gamers

- How well does it scale

- Depth of play

- Variety of victory strategies

- Replayability (which do you think you will still want to play in a year?)

- Value for the money (I know that Yspahan is expensive)

- Most important - Fun factor. Do any of these games leave you wanting to play another game immediately?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Comparing Yspahan, Taluva, and Gheos
Thanks for the information. Has anyone played Yspahan? How does it compare?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall Miller
United States
Malden
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
The Warren is a roleplaying game about intelligent rabbits trying to make the best of a world filled with hazards, predators and, worst of all, other rabbits.
badge
Marshall is a Boston-based researcher and game designer.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played Taluva(2-3x) and Yspahan(2-3x) and read about Gheos.

Taluva is on my "to absolutely get in next purchase" list and I already bought Yspahan.

Taluva seems to be the easiest/simplest, Yspahan is more complex and Gheos seems even more so. Both Yspahan and Taluva are what I would call "super fillers." They're not quite medium weight but heavier than light weight. Gheos seems more like a middle weight.

I will definately be wanting to play these two in the future and both seem to scale well. Both are really fun and worth the $$$ (Yspahan has a nice yet functional design and Taluva has nice bits and thick tiles, though they are a bit busy the first time around).

To add to this, my game group has all three but I've not seen Gheos hit the table recently while Yspahan or Taluva have hit the table every week.

I would buy those two.

[edit for readability]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.