Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
Microbadge: "Made the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs."Microbadge: Star Wars fanMicrobadge: English syntax to Jedi not important is!Microbadge: Star Wars fanMicrobadge: Star Wars: Rebellion fan
The game just arrived ...

... and it was worth the wait! The production quality is awesome, really a huge improvement over the version I bought in Essen a couple of years ago.

Although the box ... no way that you can sleeve your cards and store them in the box. That's annoying, especially since everything else is really outstanding! soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian George
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my shipping notice this morning, I can't wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Robinson
United Kingdom
Neston
flag msg tools
mb
PzVIE wrote:

... and it was worth the wait! The production quality is awesome, really a huge improvement over the version I bought in Essen a couple of years ago.

Although the box ... no way that you can sleeve your cards and store them in the box. That's annoying, especially since everything else is really outstanding! soblue
Pix pls.

Have the print and play so I wonder if it's worth the upgrade
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
Microbadge: "Made the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs."Microbadge: Star Wars fanMicrobadge: English syntax to Jedi not important is!Microbadge: Star Wars fanMicrobadge: Star Wars: Rebellion fan
raged_norm wrote:
Pix pls.
Here's a quick one. The map is glossy, heavy cardboard! Perfect for that game! And it's not only one map, it's eight different ones, all in spiral binders!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice. How many booklets are included?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
slinkydink wrote:
Very nice. How many booklets are included?
Eight! That's really cool!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xanthe
United States
Hancock
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I'm a CheeseheadMicrobadge: Gaming Hoopla attendeeMicrobadge: Fan of PairOfDiceParadise.com podcastMicrobadge: LibrarianMicrobadge: Mutt lover - We don't need no pedigree!
I can't wait...I haven't gotten a shipping notice yet
cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Molloy
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mb
PzVIE wrote:

I'm really glad you guys like it! I'm extremely proud of how it turned out.

While we tried to make space for sleeved cards, it would have required increasing the box size, which would have driven the price up. The tray is structured the way it is because of the sheer weight of the map books - anything lighter would damage too easily.

I hear what you guys are saying though, and future Osprey titles will definitely cater for sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santa Ragione
Italy
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
zopie71 wrote:
I can't wait...I haven't gotten a shipping notice yet
cry
That's very weird, did you send us your shipping address? checked your spam folder?

Please get in touch at info at santaragione dot com, attach your pre-order details and I'll help you out!

Cheers,

Pietro
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel N
Colombia
Medellín
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sad not being able to sleeve cards, huge mistake from Ospray.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sims
Australia
Perth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my copy yesterday. I must say I’m very impressed with the look, feel, and overall quality.
The box is very unique. I initially thought my box had a tear but it was in fact how it was designed to fold away. Very cool!
The dry erase booklets are very good quality too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Magoulis
United States
Safety Harbor
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got mine too! Everything looks great and it was definitely worth the wait!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tieske
Netherlands
Abcoude
flag msg tools
mbmb
Remove the insert for the markers:-> plenty of room for sleeved cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Williams
United States
Lubbock
Texas
flag msg tools
"Let us go out this evening for pleasure; the night is still young."
badge
STOP! WHOSE TURN IS IT NEXT?
Microbadge: Capcom fanMicrobadge: Robo Rally fanMicrobadge: Alien Frontiers fanMicrobadge: Cosmic Encounter fan - Colony for a Colony?Microbadge: King of Tokyo fan
Urawuzz wrote:
I thought about doing just that but wasn't sure how it would effect the box. Glad to know it'll work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
Urawuzz wrote:
Yes, thanks, I just did that. It works, although it doesn't look as good as it looked before ... meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan D

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy arrived yesterday in California! And just wow, everything they've done to this new edition is great.

It comes with 8 dry-erase map books (instead of paper) and the top of the maps have an icon legend for what all of the items do! Also, the deck composition is different to begin with and then it changes after the first reshuffle. It goes from about 1/3 silence cards to no silence cards, which is interesting. (Also, the chance of drawing a broken escape pod is now only 20% instead of 50%, which means that I might actually play with the escape pod cards now.)

I've only had it for a day (and played some games last night), but I'm very happy with my purchase so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Automatische Piloot
Netherlands
Beverwijk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine arrived last week. Looks great.

But the cards have some quality issues. Have sent a mail to info@ospreypublishing.com on May 18th. Haven't heard anything back yet.

7 of the cards were not completely glossy.

And all the escape pod cards and character cards have white marks either at the back, front or both. It kind of looks like the deck was assembled when the cards glossy layers were not completely dry?

Five of the other cards have this issue too.

I'm afraid this renders the cards recognizable if I don't sleeve them. And as was mentioned earlier sleeving the cards is not really an option because the deck wouldn't fit in the box anymore.

I hope that this is a fluke and other people don't have this problem.
Kind of makes the game not so ultimate to me. I hope I can receive a replacement set of cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Wehrle
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation"
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of my cards had minimal marking (often on the edges). I don't think it should impede play in my case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as the marking is on the front and not the back, it shouldn`t affect game play but too bad on the quality issues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I immediately sleeved mine using Fantasy Flight Greens. Thankfully all the backs I checked were fine. The faces on the other hand almost universally have white chipping along the entire left side of the card. Many also had scratches across the rest of the face (not deep enough to show white though), but they're not obvious when in use and difficult to see after sleeving.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Automatische Piloot
Netherlands
Beverwijk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah most of the markings aren't that bad. And with black cards it's just waiting to happen. We'll probably play with dimmed lights anyway devil

The cards do fit in the box without having to modify it after sleeving only the escape pod cards and the character cards. With the glossy sleeves the 3 character cards where the back was not completely glossy are more difficult to spot. So no need for replacement cards actually.

Overall the game looks gorgeous. Great edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kate Maveau
Belgium
flag msg tools
Hi,

I'm very new with sleeving my cards. What type did you use? thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Automatische Piloot
Netherlands
Beverwijk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Kate,

I used Standard USA Chimera Card Sleeves (57.5x89mm) mainly because I had these lying around.
https://www.maydaygames.com/collections/card-sleeves/product...

There is some space left. (app. 1mm either side)

Maybe Standard USA Card Sleeves (56x87mm) would be a better fit but others might want to wheigh in on that. This works for me though I don't mind if there is a little room for the card to breathe. My main concern is preventing recognizable markings and this does the job.

https://www.maydaygames.com/collections/card-sleeves/product...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kate Maveau
Belgium
flag msg tools
Hi Automatische piloot,

Thank your for your reply I look into these sleeves. I appreciate it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
I just sleeved the game with FFG Green (IMHO the best sleeves in terms of thickness and easiness of shuffling). Those black-bordered cards are so easily marked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |