Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicholas Jost
United States
GIlroy
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For a long time (*I* think of myself as old guard even if the GG and post count doesn't seem that high) board game geek user can someone give a nice, friendly, unbiased summary of what went on in the last week or so? There seems to have something Ameritrash related. Things I know:

1.) I've read Aldie's position statement on the banning. I agree he has the right to do it and support that right (not that it matters a bit) 100%. However, I was blissfully unaware that there was any animosity anywhere. I always read his posts and the counters with smiley's while, like others it seems, the avatar freaked me out (please people kill the copies).

2.) Thornquist ran for the hills (comedic hyperbole people). I have no idea why.

3.) Podcasts *seem* to have something to do with this. Not having the inclination to *like* podcasts (I like posts) I can not follow the debate that happened there.

4.) When did we all get this emotional about games? The last really heavy stuff I participated in was the '04 elections (go Trip! Left hook CapAp!). I really didn't think anything *game* related had real live emotions attached to it.

5.) There seems to be a deleted thread in Michael Barnes' profile. I'm assuming the real heat came from there since the other posts seemed mostly harmless. Am I right?

THINGS I'M NOT LOOKING FOR
1.) Debate on the issue. I'm just confused.

EDIT:
I finially tripped onto some off-color items...but these don't seem to be the attacks mentioned in Aldie's post....they were just...ah...tasteless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't want to beat a dead horse, but try reading this this:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/156028

I hope it will help.

LLMB

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.