Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Per Trygve Myhrer
Norway
Trondheim
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played risk with Steinar, Olav and Kjersti. We played with a version I never have played before where you have 4 missions to do for winning. When you do the third mission you have to show everybody the last mission.

It started with Steinar trying to take Australia and south America, with mostly Olav trying to stop him. I had most of my troops in and around Africa while Kjersti went for Europe. After the start Steinar took South America. After a while there had been heavy losses in Australia when Steinar and Olav fought there, I came with my troops and took Indonesia which finished my first mission, conquer a territory over sea route. A few rounds later I finished my second mission, conquer three territories over sea routes and took Australia.

Kjersti took Europa had it on and off pretty much the whole time and only getting 5 troops for it a few times. Olav had the hardest time, with a few times having one trooper in every territory. I got an attack that was going to go from Siam too Australia, I lost Siam but opponent was left with no forces to attack further.

Towards the end Steinar had taken North America and secured his third mission, Kjersti was trying to break in from Europe. Olav was just trying to survive and I was mostly in Australia and Asia. There had been a lot of warfare, generally for everybody against Europe, since Kjersti tried to keep. Some players had been attacking a bit more than they probably should have stopped fighting earlier when they had at times most or all territories with only one troop.

I had amassed some 20 troops in Siam when I went to do my last mission taking a territory from five continents. It looked like nobody had been thinking much about them. I then got 10 troops from cards and 5 from territories and Australia. Only Brazil had a number of troops that could slow down my horde taking territories from 5 continents and winning, with close to 30 against perhaps 10 they felt and with Central America I won.

It was a fun game with a lot losing of land and continents, with players trying to take out the big continents Europe and North America when somebody had if they could. Even if Olav was very weak at times nobody finished him off. I believe because they probably would not have gained enough for it to help them with their missions.

It was the first time I played this variant of Risk and I enjoyed a lot. I was glad it was not my set of Risk since a few soldiers did fly a bit around more than they needed, usually when somebody had an attack with low likelihood of success

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.