Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
joshua garrison
United States
Wooster
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't understand for what reasoning or under what circumstances would you want to use this the item "mutation" and surprised that there isn't a cure to go with it. The cat card adds more confusion and false information to your whereabouts which is awesome but it doesn't really follow suit with all the other items.. Is there really a cat? Or is it just an ability? There other item cards are actually items that you can find on a ship and use to give you an abilityand then there is ..cat.. Not trying to be negative, just trying to understand. Seemed kind of just thrown in there to have something new.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian George
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume that the cat is a reference to Alien.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joshua garrison
United States
Wooster
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ah ok. That makes sense then. I'm unfamiliar with alien references.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
Manhattan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the reference but I'm not sure what good is the cat item for?

Using it allows you to declare two noises, but in doing so everyone knows its just cat.

Are you supposed to use it in conjunction with another drawn sector card and allow you to say a total of 3 spaces, one of which might have been a red sound card? In this way it allows you to obscure your drawn sector card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
flag msg tools
The cat has a weak potential of luring aliens because there's a chance one of the two locations actually is the player's position, but that's beside the main goal.

Since you have to use it before drawing a sector card, everyone will know that you're in a dangerous sector, but they won't know if both are fake (because the sector was silent, any sector, or item and the player is free to declare two fake noises) or if one of them is real (because the sector was your sector). Either of the options is a decoy for the player who played the cat. Think less in terms of mislead and more in terms of cover up your footprint, even though both strategies could theoretically succeed.

Note that drawing an item will undo the cover. You might want to discard the item card instead of moving it to your hand.

So yeah, it has a circumstantial use, but is still useful.

Edit: I did not interpret the rule as 'three noises'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls