Carvel
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
Pew pew pew!!!
badge
I'm a member of the Game Artisans of Canada
mbmbmbmbmb
So maybe solo'ing a 4 player game while listening to Crimson Tide play in the background wasn't the best of ideas as a way to learn the rules.

I was blown away by the different strategies available and different paths to victory and while I have always been interested in E&T it seemded to complex for the group I play with.

My main question is does E&T the card game compare to E&T the boardgame the same way San Juan comapres to Peurto Rico? Is E&T the card game a good primer for the E&T the boardgame or are they two different games?

If I like the card game will I love the boardgame or is it not always cut and dry?

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Mäkiketola
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd think it works as a primer in that sense if you like the card game you'll probably like the boardgame as well. This might not work other way around. I've only played the card game once but in the boardgame there are some extra strategies available which make it better imho. Card game seems to have all the elements there to be mini-boardgame but it seems too limited somehow. Yes, I have been thinking I need to play it again but this was my initial feeling.

Don't worry if rules for the card game seem complex. I'd say boardgame isn't really any more complex. It is about the same amount of rules and the hardest ones (internal / external combat resolving) are very much the same. Only after the first game I really seemed to "get" how you should play in E&T (boardgame) so I'd say it is pretty complex game to learn. First game therefore might not give the best picture of the game. If you don't like the card game I would still suggest trying boardgame when you get the chance because at least I find the boardgame much better than card game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.