California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Fields of Despair - GMT P500.
mbmbmbmbmb
..in my head, during my current game.

Here's the situation -

The Us was trapped in AXIS controlled Alexandria. El Alamein, Upper Egypt and Sinai are all Axis controlled. The US units could not trace a supply path to a port. All of the blocks in Alexandria started the turn marked OOS.

The the Brits took upper Egypt. Now the question of supply arises. There are 12 total blocks in the Mediterranean including Malta and and Gibraltar. How many of the Allied forces are in supply? I was assuming that the only supply that can now be provided is via the Atlantic Fleets of which there are 3.

In my estimation only 3 blocks of those in Upper Egypt and Alexandria can remain in supply. The blocks in Malta and Gibraltar can be supplied by Allied Mediterranean fleets.

Please advise so we can get this figured out and move on.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Young
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gibraltar and Malta must also trace through the Atlantic. The Brits need to transfer two fleets out of the med into the Atlantic during the final supply determination Phase, then they can supply five blocks around the cape. That will leave Malta and Gibraltar unsupplied, but they will onlt lose a step each, since they are in fortresses. The Wallies need to build fleets in a hurry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Keckley
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Fields of Despair - GMT P500.
mbmbmbmbmb
The turn is over. If we do a take back and let the Wallies move the fleets, you are saying 5 blocks are in supply. Currently there are 12 units counting the 2 in the forts.

If 5, (or 3 with no take back) are in supply, what happens to all of the other units that were marked OOS at the beginning of the turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Young
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The turn is not over if you haven't eliminated OOS units yet. That means you are still in the Final Supply Determination Phase, during which fleet transfers are allowed.

Units that are OOS after fleet adjustments in the Final Supply determination phase are eliminated unless they are in a fortress, or a Special action is spent in their area to allow for Limited supply. Such units lose one step each instead of being eliminated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.