Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Hinkes
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When entering a fordable river you must stop but are able to do follow up moves. If my cavalry chase a unit off of a ford (correct term?) and pursue, must they stop on the ford unable to make the second pursuit movement, or can they freely move right through? Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panagiotis Zinoviadis
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Among the Stars:The Ambassadors
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC you follow in the ford but then you must stop. You can attack anyone that is adjacent to you, while you are in the ford. There is an example in the rulebook for this but instead of a ford, a Forest hex is used (if i understood your question correctly... )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought BL and read the rules this past weekend. ZiNOS is correct -- terrain restrictions are still applied when executing a pursuit move.

Also, if you pursue into a Ford and combat from there, you'll also be subject to the 2d limit when fighting FROM a Ford.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hinkes
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually fords are quite different from forests. Forests end your movement for the entire turn. However in the rulebook under fords it says that when moving in you must stop but may still take ground a pursuit. This means if I moved onto a ford hex and attacked I could then pursuit out of the ford hex. My question is if the first pursuit movement onto the ford is the only one I can take or if I can cross it during a two hex pursuit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for clarifying your question. I think our answer still applies, though. If you move into a Ford as the first hex of a Gain Ground/Pursuit movement, you must stop. The way I read the rule for Pursuits in Fords is, if you are already in a Ford and your opponent is killed or Retreats, you are entitled to move OUT of the Ford to Gain Ground/Pursuit. I don't recall anything that would indicate you could ride straight through a Ford (from one side to the other) in one Pursuit movement.

Good question, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Smith
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mvettemagred wrote:
Thanks for clarifying your question. I think our answer still applies, though. If you move into a Ford as the first hex of a Gain Ground/Pursuit movement, you must stop. The way I read the rule for Pursuits in Fords is, if you are already in a Ford and your opponent is killed or Retreats, you are entitled to move OUT of the Ford to Gain Ground/Pursuit. I don't recall anything that would indicate you could ride straight through a Ford (from one side to the other) in one Pursuit movement.
Good question, though.

That would be my take on it also.
Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.