Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tommy Dean
Australia
Earlwood
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played a few VASSAL games and am quite taken with it for when you just can't get F2F...but in email mode it seems very hard. While the interface is easy enough to use...are there any "rules" for how to handle retreats, battle back, and most importantly LORE games where many cards interrupt turns?

My first thought is that LORE games are simply too hard. Whereas with retreat and battleback you can at least give some leeway to allow your opponent to make the moves/rolls for you.

Which also leads me to ask...I have only played with friends so far...but it appears the logfile only works one turn at a time as opposed to keeping a record of the entire match. I used to play PBeM Blood Bowl thru MBBL...and their client not only recorded whole match but also had an "alert" function that showed if someone rewound the game or reloaded to prevent cheating. I assume that the nature of this game is that since it can't really work by email anyway against "unknown" people it hasn't really been implemented.

Just curious how others deal with these issues...but I gather I have answered my own questions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
james napoli
United States
Westwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i think most players would be fair/honest, but i do think that pbem for bl has some flaws.

in instances where someone wants to play a counter lore card for example, this get's a little tricky.

i found the logfiles often became corrupt after a few turns...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.