Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
TxGowan
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would have included the name of the card, but it escapes me and I couldn't find it in any of the pictures.

The card says that you can play it to destroy a Remote still or remove an enhancement from a Family still (as long as it is not the last die on the Family still).

When we played last week, I had this card and played it during the Fire Up The Stills phase AFTER production had been rolled, but before the Run the Whiskey phase. I played it on a Remote still that had 9 production.

The question is: What happens to the production that was on that still? It hasn't been loaded on a truck yet, so is it destroyed along with the still? Is it somehow considered to be stored elsewhere immediately after production and is therefore safe? Or does the hooch merely create that much bigger a BOOM?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Heidenreich
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say it blows up the booze. If it isn't on a truck, it's on the docks or cave, or shack, and if the place blows up, it would be VERY difficult to save your booze and load it onto trucks. So, I say it goes blewie!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would vote the other way - the card removes the die. If production has already been rolled, the crates have been produced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TxGowan
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FlyingArrow wrote:
I would vote the other way - the card removes the die. If production has already been rolled, the crates have been produced.

It was a Remote still that I used the card on. The card clearly states that if used on a Remote still, the Remote still is destroyed. If used on a Family still, a die of production is removed from the Family still.

The question is what happens to that round's production if the Remote still is destroyed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bailey
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
GO ROCKIES!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I say all the production on the remote still is lost. Just my opinion but it seems to make sense, especially when the card states if played on a family still only one die is removed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Beyer
United States
Northville
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The card (Turf War) only does what it says.

Don

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TxGowan
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
angelotti wrote:
The card (Turf War) only does what it says.

Don

So what happens to the production that was on the Remote still? Is it destroyed or available to be loaded onto trucks in the next phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think what he means is that since the card makes no mention of destroying crates, then only the still itself is destroyed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.