♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
So, if a player is holding a 2 when another player goes out, then he must pay the player who went out a number of chips equal to the number of remaining tiles in hand times 2. This is clear, but the chips have different point values; do you give the player who went out a number of CHIPS equal to the number of tiles you have left, times two, or a number of chips equal to that number of POINTS?

For example, let's say I have 3 tiles left that I didn't play, and one of them is the red 2. Do I owe the player who went out 6 chips, or 1 yellow chip (value 1) and 1 green chip (value 5)?

For that matter, the translation of rules states, "The player with the largest number of chips wins the game." Again, is this total number of CHIPS, or most POINTS, based off the chips' values?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Crispin
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am pretty sure that it is points. The chips are just like poker chips. If it is not the point value that counts then why have a point value at all?

This is just my opinion from reading the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
Yeah, that's my feeling, also, but the rules translation never mentions points after mentioning their relative values. From that point on, players are paying chips, not points, to other players. Hence, my question.

This is a game that can use a cleaned-up rules summary, methinks....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.