2 Posts

Ticket to Ride: Europe» Forums » General

Subject: Last turn event rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kristijonas Markas Saveikis
Denmark
flag msg tools
So today me and my GF played the usual Tocket to ride Europe game and the situation was like this:

Each if us had 2 and 5 trains respectfuly. I did my turn by puting two trains on two white coloured tracks with a white train and a locomotive card (my opponent had two white cards left for her's last turn). I ended up having 3 trains and 2 green cards left to finish my path for the last turn.

She got frustrated, as I took the only 2 tile white track on the board, even though I could have taken any uncoloured track to make the same turn (she could have done the same thing).

At my final tturn, I placed the last two green cards and finished my path, thus leavibg my opponent with no trains left and a path card at play. We ended up at the same score line.

Is it game ethics I broke in general, that my partner got frustrated on my turn before the last one, or what? Because I thought it is allowed to play like this, since the goal of the game is to win..

Dies it make me an asshole, if I made such a turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Roskam
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Setting aside the "what am I" question for just a second, the moment one of you was at two trains, everyone gets one more turn (including the person who got down to two or less trains) and that's it. It appears you took two turns after someone had already gotten down to two trains, which means you were playing the game incorrectly. You took an extra turn you should not have had.

Setting that aside, every group seems to establish how aggressive and cutthroat they want to play TTR. You will have to sort out with your GF how aggressively you want to play, and whether or not that ruins the fun for someone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.