Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First, lemme say i hate kickstarter exclusives that have special rules/characters/enemies. I hate the idea that there are features of the game that i miss simply because i never found out about the KS in time.

So that said, is this game worth it? I tried to look at the original KS but found it confusing what was bling (token upgrade to minis) and what was exclusive to Backers.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't hate ks exclusives. You hate missing the ks.

The ks campaign description makes it very clear what is exclusive and what is not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
You would be missing some of the characters you can play in the game. The abilities of the characters are not super important, as many of them can also be obtained by leveling up. I don't think you miss a ton by not having them. But that is the gameplay element that was exclusive.

And to be clear, it's only some of them. You have access to six in the core box, two in the big expansion and 3-4 in the small character expansion. But there are several more that were exclusive stretch goal rewards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan C
United Kingdom
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The plastic token upgrades are not needed, but the KS characters give the game some much needed variety. That said, you could just buy the separate hero packs, each one gives you 3 hero's I think, and you'd be good to go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Angevine
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
not needed to plastic track markers, messenger, or building status (protected, damaged, destroyed). These are ok but the cardboards are just as good.

extra figures can be found on ebay if you need but really unneeded as well. The biggest thing is figures... but they mostly just have the level up abilities that you buy later as a starting ability. They are nice but looks like most will be purchaseable later/now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info. I didn't know that there would be character expansion packs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon rorke
South Africa
Sandton
Gauteng
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dormammu wrote:
You would be missing some of the characters you can play in the game. The abilities of the characters are not super important, as many of them can also be obtained by leveling up. I don't think you miss a ton by not having them. But that is the gameplay element that was exclusive.

And to be clear, it's only some of them. You have access to six in the core box, two in the big expansion and 3-4 in the small character expansion. But there are several more that were exclusive stretch goal rewards.

2 small boxes of 3 characters to be exact and 2 characters in the expansion. 6 in the main box that is still 14 heros to play which is more than enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Angevine
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Epic_Bubblesa wrote:
Dormammu wrote:

2 small boxes of 3 characters to be exact and 2 characters in the expansion. 6 in the main box that is still 14 heros to play which is more than enough.

this. play it and maybe get the hero set with axel. the other set barely sees the table in our games. I may pickup expansion for the extra 2 heroes and cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.