Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Czapski
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This simpler variant does not use the Prize cards, Award cards, nor scoring board. It uses pen and paper to tally the score. Lay the screens flat for use as player aids only, not as screens. Each round, place just one random die aside as the tie-breaking color. Play each round according to the standard rules, scoring your building in the standard way for matching your blueprint and for dice colors (materials), but do not score for any of the Prize criteria.

2-player game: at end of each round, score 1 VP for highest score. First player to reach 3 VP wins the game.

3-player game: at end of each round, score 2 VP for highest score and 1 VP for second highest. First player to reach 5 VP wins the game.

4-player game: at end of each round, score 3 VP for highest score and 2 VP for second highest. First player to reach 7 VP wins the game.

A game consists of 3 to 5 rounds. If more than one player reaches the VP threshold at the end of a round, the winner is the player with the highest score or, in case of tie, the winner of the last round.

-Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm wondering why would you need a simplified version? It's not really a hard game with the awards? I think the awards also add a lot of stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Czapski
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Barad_the_dwarf wrote:
I'm wondering why would you need a simplified version? It's not really a hard game with the awards? I think the awards also add a lot of stuff.

Hi, Jan. I play Blueprints with my family, and for us the interesting part of the game is matching the blueprint and maximizing the materials scoring (as illustrated on the player screens). I agree with you that the prize criteria is not hard, but we've found that it's unnecessary and dilutes the value of the "main" part of the game. So, I'm sharing this variant with the community.

-Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mbmbmbmbmb
A good to know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.