Lars Munstermann
msg tools
So when you look at the tiebreak, at first the combined amount of strongholds and castles ist decisive, then you focus only on the strongholds, then Supply is decisive. If there ist still a draw, the amount of powertokens decides. So my question is: Do you get powertokens after all march orders are resolved in round 10? The rule-book does not explain it explicitly.
In my games tie break decisions are the normal case and the matches are really evened so the case, that the powertokens decide, is not totally unrealistic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Belcher
Australia
New Norfollk
Tasmania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules p7 says

If the Game Round marker was on the 10th space at the start of the Westeros phase, then it's not possible to advance the Game Roind marker. Instead, the game is over and a winner is determined.

That seems pretty clear that Round 10 is completed (Westeros Phase, Planning Phase, Action Phase), then the game is ended. So the first round is when the marker is on turn 1, and the 10th round is when the marker is on turn 10 - AFTER the tenth round you stop.

Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rice
United States
LIHUE
HI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulebook, Page 16 states that the Winner is determined AFTER the Action Phase is over.

"The Action Phase is now over. If this was the end of game round 10, the game is over and a winner is determined."

Consolidate Power is Step 3 in the Action Phase.

Winner is Determined AFTER Consolidate Power.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Consolidate power tokens are resolved towards the end of the Action phase. The round marker is moved on in the Westeros phase. So, the game can't end (at least, due to having played ten rounds) until after the consolidate power tokens have been resolved in the tenth round. The order of execution would be:

Action phase: raid, march, consolidate power.
Westeros phase: game ends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Munstermann
msg tools
Thanks a lot! I should have read the rules more carefully.shake

So I always played that wrong, but fortunately the powertokes have not decided a game yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Convy
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Yes for sure, especially when playing with leaders, as some of them are CP activated and could potentially impact the victory track.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.