Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Notre Dame» Forums » General

Subject: Where's the Reprint ??? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shanda Hoover
United States
Port Orchard
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to see a reprint of this great Stefan Feld game. HOW long must we wait before they bring this one back? Perhaps a 10 year anniversary edition? I mean if Luna gets a reprint certainly Notre Dame deserves one too.

It feels like I have been waiting for years to see this one back in print. Let's hope this classic comes back soon.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Kunes
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered mine a couple years ago from Game surplus. They currently have it in stock:

http://www.gamesurplus.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywor...

meeple Keep playing...
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shanda Hoover
United States
Port Orchard
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bkunes wrote:
I ordered mine a couple years ago from Game surplus. They currently have it in stock:

http://www.gamesurplus.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywor...

meeple Keep playing...


Definitely an option, but English rules are NOT included and although I can download and print rules I would vastly prefer and copy with a nice English rulebook. I am still hoping for a reprint. Hoping 2017 is the year.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shanda Hoover
United States
Port Orchard
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
colmmccarthy wrote:
niledesign wrote:
bkunes wrote:
I ordered mine a couple years ago from Game surplus. They currently have it in stock:

http://www.gamesurplus.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywor...

meeple Keep playing...


Definitely an option, but English rules are NOT included and although I can download and print rules I would vastly prefer and copy with a nice English rulebook. I am still hoping for a reprint. Hoping 2017 is the year.


FWIW, the English rulebook isn't that nice I'd pick up a German copy while they're still available, rather than hold my breath for an English reprint.


But...but...I believe in Vasel's Law. I just know that there will be a reprint eventually! whistle
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael F
United States
Albany
OR
flag msg tools
Look at me!
badge
Get Schwifty!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I heard somewhere that many of Feld's older titles won't ever be reprinted, but never say never, I guess.

FWIW, Notre Dame is best with its expansion. Otherwise its replay value is a bit limited, IMO.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shanda Hoover
United States
Port Orchard
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
newkillerstar27 wrote:
I heard somewhere that many of Feld's older titles won't ever be reprinted, but never say never, I guess.

FWIW, Notre Dame is best with its expansion. Otherwise its replay value is a bit limited, IMO.


Well if they did a 10th Anniversary edition it would be a perfect time to include the expansion inside the box!!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Heidenreich
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Like many said, grab a German copy. Language independent.

It's not like this game is an evergreen (like PR). I seriously doubt a 10th anniversary edition gets made. I wouldn't bet your money on it.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shanda Hoover
United States
Port Orchard
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know why everyone is so negative about the possibility of a reprint. After all Luna got a reprint this year and it doesn't have a better rating that Notre Dame nor does it have as many fans.

Why is everyone so convinced that there won't be a reprint? There are no IP issues involved. Is there some other sort of legal hitch that I'm not aware of that no one is mentioning? Seems unlikely.

I won't "hold my breath" I have lots of other great games I can play, but I will "keep the faith" and hold onto my hope that there will be a reprint in the near future.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael F
United States
Albany
OR
flag msg tools
Look at me!
badge
Get Schwifty!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I, for one, have no opinion either way on a reprint. I already own the game, but I understand that there are other Feld fans out there who'd like to own it. I think it would be nice for there to be one, but everything I've seen and read doesn't show it as being likely.

The thing is, I don't know many people who would rate ND as one of their top Feld games. It's a good, solid game, but I don't even know if it would rank in my top 10 Felds. If it did, it would be in the 8-10 range. If you really, really want the game, you can still acquire it at a cost, though I honestly don't think it's worth it. In The Year of the Dragon, on the other hand...

Feld, however, is reimplementing The Speicherstadt, which is an excellent auction game. Maybe the same might happen with Notre Dame someday? Then again, Rialto possesses a lot of the same features in a more accessible package.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Michigan
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
niledesign wrote:
I would love to see a reprint of this great Stefan Feld game. HOW long must we wait before they bring this one back? Perhaps a 10 year anniversary edition? I mean if Luna gets a reprint certainly Notre Dame deserves one too.

It feels like I have been waiting for years to see this one back in print. Let's hope this classic comes back soon.


Here it is:

https://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/59640/new-game-round-divi...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shanda Hoover
United States
Port Orchard
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
educatedgravy wrote:
niledesign wrote:
I would love to see a reprint of this great Stefan Feld game. HOW long must we wait before they bring this one back? Perhaps a 10 year anniversary edition? I mean if Luna gets a reprint certainly Notre Dame deserves one too.

It feels like I have been waiting for years to see this one back in print. Let's hope this classic comes back soon.


Here it is:

https://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/59640/new-game-round-divi...


CALLED IT !!! Mental Snoopy dance commencing.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.