Subject: AS: 9.25 Movement of unsupplied units rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Ã…kerlund
Sweden
Vallentuna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Let's see if I have interpreted this rule correctly.

Late in a turn I moved a unit so it would cut the supply line for a large chunk of the XLVII corps. This resulted in them being in Low Supply in the subsequent Supply Phase. Early that following turn a German unit moved to re-establish the supply line.

Now I draw the Army Group B card as primary and, following the instructions, the units of XLVII corps are activated. Since they are in Low Supply, if they can't move using movement method 1, they should follow movement rule 9.25. This rule says to move towards a hex where they would be in supply. Since the hexes they are in, now are back in supply, they don't move and the activation is over. Is this correct? Seems like a waste of an impulse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mendel Lius
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seem like you played it correctly.

I suppose the rule is made to prevent the German to overstretch an already thin supply line, and consolidate their advance.

Please note that low supply units may build IPs, so the impulse is not wasted - if the IA is allowed to build some at this date.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.