Bernie Campbell
United States
Salem
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
But it was so...artistically done...
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a curiosity, I've drooled over CB and GB II before, with the dream of someday, somewhere, learning to play (yeah, that's a big hurdle), and doing the full experience (as if I had the space to do that...or the cash) but the description says that the pairing doesn't cover Leningrad, and presumably, the rest of that front. So has MMP ever considered doing an OCS game to cover this to link with CB and GB II? Has anyone ever heard?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Mitchell
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I don't know what you have to say, it makes no difference anyway: whatever it is, I'm against it!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not aware of any such project in the works. I don't think there is a lot of push for that, given that a lot of the combat situations are not exactly the conventional operations that OCS primarily has in mind. But I do think I've once or twice heard the idea floated of doing late Barbarossa AGN and ending with the opening of the siege. But, as I say, so far as I know, no one is actively working on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernie Campbell
United States
Salem
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
But it was so...artistically done...
mbmbmbmbmb
Pity. Imagine a OCS level game that stretches from the Caucuses to Murmansk.

Imagine the table you'd need for it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tonny Wille
Belgium
9310 Meldert
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why would you need a big table when you have vassal? To be honest... so far the only OCS game that actualy hit the table was Reluctant enemies. All other games were played using vassal.

At this moment 2 reprints are avaiable for preorder (Sicily II and Tunisia II) Although the Sicily game isn't a real reprint and can be considered a new game.
Both Hungarian rhapsody and Smolenks are being playtested and will probably be the next titles who will appear on the preorder list.
I have heard rumors about a Italy game, A Ukraine 43 game (called the Third winter) and even saw someone mention a Malaya game but no idea how far these titles are or if they even are in development.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mb
You may be interested in the GMT East Front Series, which attempts to do what you're talking about, albeit only for Barbarossa.

The designer is working on a reprint, which is up for P500 at GMT. We'll see how that goes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.