Matt Watkins
United States
Forest Hill
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I checked the GW site and didn't see a complete list of what I would need to get. I know it's not going to be cheap, but does anyone know a list of citadel paints that will cover all the models? Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Dudek
United States
Ilion
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Goemon12677 wrote:
I checked the GW site and didn't see a complete list of what I would need to get. I know it's not going to be cheap, but does anyone know a list of citadel paints that will cover all the models? Thanks in advance!

It's a major project, to be sure. Before I made any recommendations, I would ask what your level of painting experience is, and what goals you have for this project.

For some general lists of colors and suggestions, White Dwarf 120 and 121 had a regular feature in them called Paint Splatter! that focused on Silver Tower in these issues. Several minis had detailed guides, and general suggestions were given for the others in the game. It's a place to start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Watkins
United States
Forest Hill
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can paint pretty well, and I want to go for the shades and everything. I may have to buy those issues of white dwarf. But if you can steer me in the right direction that would be great, I know it's going to be a lot of paints, but that is ok.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anselmo Diaz
United Kingdom
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are also detailed painting tutorials for some of the minis on youtube, listing the paints needed (25-30), and when/how to use them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Watkins
United States
Forest Hill
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oh cool,any you recommend?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Dudek
United States
Ilion
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I have to get going for tonight, but here are a few suggestions.

For the Knight Questor hero - check out this official GW video on painting Age of Sigmar Stormcast Liberators. The Knight is very similar, and there is a full list of colors you can freeze on screen at the beginning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_Y61xmylas

Tzaangors recommended using a body base of The Fang, Fenrisian Grey highlights, Drakenhof Nightshade wash, Blue Horror to final highlight.
Blue armor was Stegadon Scale with Sotek Green and Temple Guard Blue highlights.
Most gold was Retributor Armor, with Reikland Fleshshade wash, and Liberator Gold and Runefang Steel highlights.
Other metals usually Leadbelcher, with different washes and Runefang Steel highlights.
Purple fur was Screamer Pink, with Pink Horror and Bestigor Flesh highlights.
Horns were Zandri Dust, Reikland Fleshshade wash, and Ushabti Bone and Pallid Wych Flesh highlights.

Hope that is something to get you going for now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Watkins
United States
Forest Hill
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a great start!! Thanks for the help man!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, cross your fingers for online painting guides!

RPS mentions something about paints in this article. Send 'em a message for more details and post what you find out! https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/05/25/warhammer-quest-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Watkins
United States
Forest Hill
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will do! thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.