Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Flávio Henrique
Brazil
Brasília
DF
flag msg tools
Hi there!
I asked on KS comments but no answer there.
Let's hope to get any reply here.

The game will come with +200 cards.
After sleeves, those cards will stay nice on the box? Or we will have to throw the insert away to avoid any trouble?

I don't mind to pay an extra pound to get a box that accommodate all sleeved cards.

Any news about this?

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marwan Marwan مروان مروان
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested in finding out too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kon Stavrinos
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going to make Tuck boxes for the card groups after the game arrives.

I'll start collecting the artwork and ask the producers when they are ready for permission to publish on BBG.

I have a tendency to tuck box most of my games that have cards.
I have a few already on BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering how much stuff there is, I'd be surprised if the insert supports anything more than just the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Wiśniewski
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everybody!

We will take the protective sleeves into consideration but I cannot guarantee anything now, we will be sending out weakly updates with the progress and sort of a "game production journal" and I will address that issue in one of the updates ;-)

Best regards!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EDIT: Jakuwis! Lol this post was sitting here for hours, and as I'm commenting on it you ninja it away from me Thanks for the official reply though.

I asked this in the comments also. The first answer was they'd try to accommodate sleeved cards. Later though (after many Sretch goals were reached) they said 'maybe' but that the cards would be high quality and not need to be sleeved (which sounds like a no to me).

They are still promising to have the box hold the base game and all included KS Stretch Goals (and SG expansions) but may not hold all addon items.

This is just info from various KS comments from Awaken Realms
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are so many games out there, and more a produced regularly especially through Kickstarters. I would assume that by now, someone would have figured out how to do deal with sleeved cards.

I like the way the XIA (another Kickstarter) insert was designed to accommodate both sleeved and unsleeved cards.

Another easy solution would be include an open column/trough in the insert with some foam pieces for people to fit their cards in there. Just some thoughts.

For me personally, I always throw out the insert if it doesn't fit sleeved cards, and I try to come up with my own solution. It's disappointing as game box designers should take sleeves into consideration.

Peace.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In business, time is money.
In real estate and board games, space is money.
This explains that.
A good solution? High quality cards which don't need sleeves at all.
For me, the real issue is not the space but the quality of the cards in general.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Sombrero
msg tools
mb
marwan_marwan wrote:
There are so many games out there, and more a produced regularly especially through Kickstarters. I would assume that by now, someone would have figured out how to do deal with sleeved cards.

I like the way the XIA (another Kickstarter) insert was designed to accommodate both sleeved and unsleeved cards.

Another easy solution would be include an open column/trough in the insert with some foam pieces for people to fit their cards in there. Just some thoughts.

For me personally, I always throw out the insert if it doesn't fit sleeved cards, and I try to come up with my own solution. It's disappointing as game box designers should take sleeves into consideration.

Peace.

+1 to that. I really like well designed inserts. But if an insert does not hold sleeved cards, I replace it with some other solution. Sometimes I really like the inserts but no sleeves = wasted effort.

Another thing I hope is that in case AR decide to go for sleeves. they will make sure all popular brands are supported. There are games like Smash Up or El Grande Big Box, which accommodate sleeves but not e.g. FFG - as they are a little longer and (like all premium sleeves) thicker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
baylock wrote:
In business, time is money.
In real estate and board games, space is money.
This explains that.
A good solution? High quality cards which don't need sleeves at all.
For me, the real issue is not the space but the quality of the cards in general.

That sounds reasonable but won't work for me as I need the sleeves to shuffle...I suck at shuffling...And, I need the sleeves to keep my cards clean from the dirty and greasy hands of my friends and kids
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmb
marwan_marwan wrote:

Peace.

The issue with the inlay is that they have to design it for retail and for the KS edition. Since the box seems to be pretty much stuffed to the top with all the SGs I think that they have problems because of that. We just have to wait and see, if there's a way to make it work they will go for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just remember that the cards should also fit nicely if not sleeved. That's after all the way you buy them, and probably the way the majority of players will use them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Overton
United States
North Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
marwan_marwan wrote:

Peace.

Same here!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SpecularRain wrote:
Just remember that the cards should also fit nicely if not sleeved. That's after all the way you buy them, and probably the way the majority of players will use them

+1, well written. An insert that is so loose as to damage unsleeved cards would be quite a pain. Especially as most sleevers will throw away the insert sooner or later anyway in my experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Sombrero
msg tools
mb
kilrah wrote:
SpecularRain wrote:

+1, well written. An insert that is so loose as to damage unsleeved cards would be quite a pain. Especially as most sleevers will throw away the insert sooner or later anyway in my experience.

Sleevers will throw the insert away my if it doesn't support sleeved cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.