Subject: Sarn Vs. Bream: A First Play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kris J
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
. . . or just let me nibble your soul . . . .
badge
Electra Bellum. Electra Gloriosum.
mbmbmbmbmb
Stephanie and I sat down for a first game of Galactic Expanse -- a first for us and a first for BGG by lack of posts on it in the forum.

I drew the Bream and she the Sarn. We both read the rules, and started our star war.

The first thrid of the deck, Stephanie had the advantage and killed two of my Bream ships, but could not take any star systems due to lack of troops on her Sarn ships. The dice were pretty fair, and they stayed that way through much of the game.

Somewhere near the halfway mark of the deck, I felt the time was right to lay down a 15 point star system and try to take it. The fighting was back and forth, but in the battle round I put Steph away with a barrage of Bream torpedoes and a technical advantage. She took out one Bream ship with her strike craft, but I still had more than enough to occupy the system.

The rest of the operation I was playing defense, as her Sarn ships, veiled and tricky, launched assault after assault. She disabled and destroyed most of my offensive craft, and it was all I could do (plus a little luck of the dice) to hold her off.

In the end of the operation, she had destroyed five of my ships, while I had only destroyed two of hers in the operation to take the one star system. She had inflicted heavy losses to my ranks while sustaining few, but I held that valuable star system. The points indicated the operation was a stalemate; we both had 34 points.

As it was a first game and Sunday night, we stopped at the push and promised to take the table again soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.