Dmitry Buslaev
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My nephew really enjoys Summoner wars alliance master set, I am trying to figure out if there are addon races for it?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All Summoner Wars products are compatible with the Alliances set.

You can add in any of the faction decks as base decks to play against any of the Alliances decks.
Any of the Reinforcements packs can be used with the corresponding alliances. E.g. Shadow Elves from Summoner Wars: Taliya's Spirit Reinforcement Pack can be used for deck design with the Jungle Shadows.
The faction decks can also be used like Reinforcements for deck design.
What goes for faction decks goes for the original Master Set (6 factions) and the two starter sets (2 factions each).

I was playing Summoner Wars for years before Alliances came out, and I didn't think deck design was worth the bother, but the possibilities with Alliances are so exciting that I haven't played a base deck in my last 20 or 30 plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitry Buslaev
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the response.

What would be good packs to get that would add to the experience?

Which ones are your favorite?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd recommend going with some of the Second Summoners, maybe Summoner Wars: Phoenix Elves – Second Summoner (Queen Maldaria), Summoner Wars: Fallen Kingdom – Second Summoner (Mad Sirian), or Summoner Wars: Cloaks – Second Summoner (Jexik).

If you were feeling really generous, you could get him the original Master Set, which would fully nearly double the game at his disposal with eight six decks included. It's probably the easiest item to find in a shop, too--at the cost of about four individual packs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N Burghardt
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Carthoris wrote:
I'd recommend going with some of the Second Summoners, maybe Summoner Wars: Phoenix Elves – Second Summoner (Queen Maldaria), Summoner Wars: Fallen Kingdom – Second Summoner (Mad Sirian), or Summoner Wars: Cloaks – Second Summoner (Jexik).

If you were feeling really generous, you could get him the original Master Set, which would fully double the game at his disposal with eight decks included. It's probably the easiest item to find in a shop, too--at the cost of about four individual packs.

It includes 6 decks in the original master set, but still a great value with some fun summoners.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitry Buslaev
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems like all these races are already included in the alliances.

Is the alliances' version twice as small for each original deck?

Also the "second summoners", it's basically just one card or the entire deck? And is it different from the deck in the alliances?

Thanks for the help guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R B
United States
Mayville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Alliances are mashups of two different factions

The second summoners are completely new decks.

All the products are different. There is no danger of buying a 'duplicate'

dara108 wrote:

Also the "second summoners", it's basically just one card or the entire deck? And is it different from the deck in the alliances?

Thanks for the help guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N Burghardt
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
If you don't mind the complexity of the alliances factions, you could also preorder the 8 remaining 2nd summoners coming out in a few weeks on plaidhatgames.com. Also on that website you can see each card for any faction if you want to preview before buying. To recap what is available for this game.

16 first summoners
--2 starter box sets with 2 summoners each
--original master set with 6 summoners
--6 single summoner decks sold individually

8 alliance summoners which you own

16 second summoners, with 8 out already available for individual sale and 8 more in June(?) sold as a preorder bundle or can be purchased individually.

8 reinforcement packs that are not stand alone decks but instead have cards for 2 different factions in each that allow for deck building.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dara108 wrote:

What RB said. All decks except for "Reinforcements" come with a Summoner Card, a setup card, events/walls, and a full set of champions and commons. Each summoner is different and comes with their own units that are not duplicated in any other summoner's deck. The factions indicate how units can be swapped among base decks for experimental designs. Each Alliances deck has two factions, and its cards belong to both of the root factions. Also, it can accept recruits from either or both of the root factions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitry Buslaev
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your advise, guys
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Witte
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the master set a few years ago. I loved it so much I bought everything that had been printed at that time, and put it in my garage. Every opportunity my wife wanted to give me a present (Valentine's Day, Father's Day, my birthday, our anniversary, Christmas, etc.), I took out a proportional number of SW products from the garage and gifted myself a present on behalf of my wife. By the end of the year, I had a complete set and saved my wife the trouble and expense of buying something for me that I may or may not want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wittela wrote:
I got the master set a few years ago. ...

laugh
I just preordered the final eight Second Summoners as a birthday gift to myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Witte
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Smart man.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.