Blitz! A World in Conflict» Forums » Rules

Subject: TRS rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mike morton

Oklahoma
msg tools
mb
A two step TRS has two one step infantry embarked.May one infantry invade one island and the other infantry invade a different island during the same phase?

If so,may the naval units support both attacks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave LeLacheur
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
grognard11 wrote:
A two step TRS has two one step infantry embarked.May one infantry invade one island and the other infantry invade a different island during the same phase?

Hi Mike,

Yes, the two land units may invade different locations, even though they are on the same TRS.

grognard11 wrote:
If so,may the naval units support both attacks?

Absolutely, yes. Of course, a given naval unit could not support *both* attacks at the same time; it could only support one attack. (Is there a reason you thought otherwise?)

Cheers,
Dave L.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike morton

Oklahoma
msg tools
mb
From what i remember from the rules it really doesnt say one way or the other.

Ive been playing the pacific scenario and been playing it 1 trs 1 invasion.
The japanese pulled off the historical landings quit well.Luzon and Borneo
first blitz.Second Blitz Hollandia and New Britain.Turn 2,first blitz,Port Moresby and Midway.This follows history pretty darn close.

Since the Japs now have doubled their ability to make landings it just changes the way ill have to play the game.

Thanks,Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave LeLacheur
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hi Mike,

Just fyi, in Blitz terms, the historical Japanese took (by invasion): Manila, Borneo, Hollandia, Java, and New Britain all by March 1942, ie within a single Blitz turn. They also took Singapore (overland walk) and Mindinao (possibly by overland walk from Manila, I don't remember that on ... and we're not even going to get into places like Guam or Wake Islands, which the Blitz map does not include!) That would have been Turn 4. Turn 5+ saw forays towards Port Moresby, Midway and the Solomon Islands that did not work out so well for Japan.

I thought it was essential that it be possible in Blitz for Japan to do what she historically did within Turn 4, in one Blitz turn as well. With only 2 TRS at her disposal, Japan has to at least use the regular and blitz phases of a single turn in order to do this since there are 5 locations that need to be invaded. A well-prepared Japanese player can do repeat history, even while striking Pearl Harbor with the Japanese CV Fleets.

In the Pacific only scenario, the Allies set-up is pre-determined, and Japan has a cakewalk in the first turn or two, much like they did historically. However, in other games that start from Turn 1, this may not be the case. I have seen the USA reinforce the Philippines, and the AFA guard Borneo or New Britain, etc. All fun and interesting choices, and highly dependent upon what is going on in Europe of course. So enjoy the open attacks of that scenario, because you may not see them in the full war!

Cheers,
Dave L.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike morton

Oklahoma
msg tools
mb
I can certainly see the possibilities contained in the game.That is part of the reason im enjoying it so much.I just wish i had more time to devote to it even though the full turns ive played are only between 15 and 20 minutes.One more for the road.

1. Is 8sp the max that can be used against a island? 2 sp + 2sp for the island being out of supply and 4sp for naval support.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave LeLacheur
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
grognard11 wrote:
I can certainly see the possibilities contained in the game.That is part of the reason im enjoying it so much.I just wish i had more time to devote to it even though the full turns ive played are only between 15 and 20 minutes.One more for the road.

1. Is 8sp the max that can be used against a island? 2 sp + 2sp for the island being out of supply and 4sp for naval support.

Hi Mike,

There is never enough time for gaming ;-). The limit attacking an Island land area is the land unit's Size (not Land Factors). At most 2 total Size of units may Ground Attack an Island land area. When invading in the Pacific, the best you can usually obtain would look something like this:

Size 1: US Mar (2 Land Factors, not halved)
Size 1: US INF (2 Land Factors, halved to 1)
1 Big, 2 Small fleet support: 3 more Land Factors (support from naval & air units can't exceed total modified attacking Land Factors from your land units)

That is a total of 6 attacking Land Factors. If the defenders are not able to trace a supply line, and/or themselves have '+' Defensive Land Factors, then your attack would improve.

Hope that clarifies?

Cheers,
Dave L.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike morton

Oklahoma
msg tools
mb
The combined, modified Land Factors of all of your supporting air and naval units can’t exceed the combined, modified Land Factors of all of your side’s land units.

This is what threw me.I was adding the 2 points for being out of supply and useing that number to determine how much naval support. Anyway i got it now.

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.