Recommend
12 
 Thumb up
 Hide
22 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: 2048-- I'm retiring, with a high score now. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh you can try to beat it...

https://gabrielecirulli.github.io/2048/



I knew that the next move would end it all, so I did a screen grab.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harmonica
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
Keep your lovin' brother happy!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations! You have achieved something in life.

My highscore is stuck at 79,600.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow-- thanks for the GG tip, Bop!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul - the
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings; Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
badge
...and the Eye of Sauron the Terrible few could endure.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Very impressive score. wow

Have you tried "Threes"? More advanced and more fun if you ask me. Don't think it's available on PC though.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harmonica
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
Keep your lovin' brother happy!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
PC is so past millennium.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul - the
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings; Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
badge
...and the Eye of Sauron the Terrible few could endure.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a browser version of Threes now.

Find it here: http://play.threesgame.com/
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harmonica
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
Keep your lovin' brother happy!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MABBY wrote:
I knew that the next move would end it all, so I did a screen grab.


No, you are way from finished. If a "4" appears move up, but if a "2" appears move left, left, left, up, left, up, right, up and your board is clear enough to score a lot more points.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul - the
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings; Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
badge
...and the Eye of Sauron the Terrible few could endure.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
anemaat wrote:
MABBY wrote:
I knew that the next move would end it all, so I did a screen grab.


No, you are way from finished. If a "4" appears move up, but if a "2" appears move left, left, left, up, left, up, right, up and your board is clear enough to score a lot more points.


Have you played the game? The 2 or 4 will appear in the wrong corner.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Doomfarer wrote:
anemaat wrote:
MABBY wrote:
I knew that the next move would end it all, so I did a screen grab.


No, you are way from finished. If a "4" appears move up, but if a "2" appears move left, left, left, up, left, up, right, up and your board is clear enough to score a lot more points.


Have you played the game? The 2 or 4 will appear in the wrong corner.

QFT-- the only move was a shift to the right, and a 2 appeared in the wrong corner, ending the game where I predicted it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Meltzer
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Eight ball, corner pocket
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Doomfarer wrote:
There is a browser version of Threes now.

Find it here: http://play.threesgame.com/


OK, that was evil in the guise of being helpful
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Springfield
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently gotten to 8192. Not sure if my score is higher/lower. I'm thinking it's higher, so you'll have to come out of retirement.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul - the
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings; Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
badge
...and the Eye of Sauron the Terrible few could endure.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
WyantJM wrote:
I recently gotten to 8192. Not sure if my score is higher/lower. I'm thinking it's higher, so you'll have to come out of retirement.


If you did it recently it should still show if you load the game page.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Springfield
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Doomfarer wrote:
WyantJM wrote:
I recently gotten to 8192. Not sure if my score is higher/lower. I'm thinking it's higher, so you'll have to come out of retirement.


If you did it recently it should still show if you load the game page.


I did it on an iPad. I can check when I get home.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serious? Lee
United States
Coppell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Lost in thought.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Impressive!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me among the one of the ones that stopped playing 2048 pretty quickly because it got boring since it's always left down left down left down basically for the whole game.

Threes opened my world up and is much much more interesting over time. I've been playing that one regularly basically since the whole 2048 phenomenon.

High score on Threes: 71,031
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Smith
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
And what become of her new straw hat that should have come to me?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Threes is awesome. I got this high score last month.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
h00sha wrote:
Threes is awesome. I got this high score last month.


Nice score. My 71,000 ended up having some serious issues toward the end.

I've got a lot in the 65,000-69,000 range too, but can't seem to hit that 3072 tile.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Doomfarer wrote:
There is a browser version of Threes now.

Find it here: http://play.threesgame.com/


Threes was the original. 2048 was the ripoff.

Reminds me of being in college and everyone called Bust-a-Move a Snood ripoff. Drove me nuts. It's the other way around.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul - the
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings; Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
badge
...and the Eye of Sauron the Terrible few could endure.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
h00sha wrote:
Threes is awesome. I got this high score last month.


Cool. I have gotten to 1536 more than ten times but never more than that. Highest is 69k something. Need to play more.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Smith
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
And what become of her new straw hat that should have come to me?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I was hitting 1536 but I was convinced that I'd never get to 3072 and that you'd have to be really hard core to get there. But the game is fun enough that I still played. Then one day everything went right and surprise! Good feeling.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Springfield
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
WyantJM wrote:
Doomfarer wrote:
WyantJM wrote:
I recently gotten to 8192. Not sure if my score is higher/lower. I'm thinking it's higher, so you'll have to come out of retirement.


If you did it recently it should still show if you load the game page.


I did it on an iPad. I can check when I get home.


103972
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
WyantJM wrote:

103972


Nice! I'm retiring because once you've hit the big number then other games are just frustrating.

I tried Threes-- I'm not too good at it; can't pick up a strategy just yet.
It may well become my next time-killer game.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.