United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The noteworthy thing to mention about this playing was that Wil and Bre had played this game about a dozen times before, but with several key rule errors. Most importantly, they had been playing as if the number on the Profession card was the base value of the card. Mega-oops! Once we corrected that problem, they were quite amazed at how much that changed the game and how now, Jesters were actually somewhat valuable. We laughed about this throughout the game, and despite the radical change in strategy required, Wil won by a landslide with me second (yippee!), George third, and Tanner and Bre behind us.

Bre's game was hindered by not getting her second builder soon enough and not having room to place the Workshop, whereas I got the second builder in a very cheap bid early on and packed my buildings in far tighter than necessary. I bid every last guilder in the last bidding round to get my first Jester, which moved me from last to second because it satisfied a 7 point Prestige card, added 2 points each to the two Works I played that round, plus one point on a bonus card, plus the 3 points for having one of the works pushed up to Best Work. Phew! All in all though there were only a few very tightly contested bids - it seemed many people used the strategy of bidding on things they didn't want in order to tempt folks away from bidding for what they did want. I tried this once, and ended up with a third builder. Oops.

We did joke about putting the 'Wil and Bre' rules on the 'Geek as house rules... if anyone's interested I'll see if I can get them to do so!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.