Subject: The Bishop rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johan Berglind
Sweden
Kungälv
Unspecified
flag msg tools
According to a discussion on Spielbox-online, when you bribe the bishop, you not only place a cube on an empty building of your choice, you also activate that building. This is implied by the "radiating" icon on the card, however it is unfortunately not covered in the rules.
Both Stefan Feld and Stefan Brück have confirmed this.

Johan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Tummelson
United States
Placitas
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Your note caused me to check the rules and I find:

By hiring the Bishop, the player
takes one of his influence markers
from the general supply and places
it in any empty sector in his borough
(not Notre Dame), and executes
the corresponding action.

Perhaps the error is in the German rules or in some
translation you found. The text above comes from
the English rules scheduled to be printed with the game.

Jay
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve+Jackie McKeogh
United Kingdom
Okehampton
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dr Murke wrote:
Both Stefan Feld and Stefan Brück have confirmed this.

I'm not clear from this as to what they have confirmed: that the rules don't cover it or that you do get to carry out the action or that they have confirmed both of these things.

The German rules only say that you place a cube from the general supply. They do not say you can carry out the action (but they also don't say that you can't!). It does look like an oversight because with the brown cards, the minstrel and juggler both say whether or not you carry out the action. Since my unofficial translation was done from the German, that also doesn't mention the action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Berglind
Sweden
Kungälv
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Yes, it is from the German rules. The last words from your quote, "and executes the corresponding action", or whatever that would be in german, are missing. This is also pointed out by Stefan Brück on Aleas home page.
I posted this because there are a few of us now - I guess mainly in Europe - ordering the german version and relying on a german dictionary and boardgamegeek to figure out the rules, and as I understand it, the rules that come with the game carry the error mentioned above.
The dutch rules seem to be in order.

Johan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve+Jackie McKeogh
United Kingdom
Okehampton
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Johan, for the confirmation. For anyone wanting to know what the Alea page says (as it's in German) this is a translation:

'In the rules for the Bishop character card, one sentence unfortunately went missing. It said, that the space on which the influence marker is placed is activated.
This is symbolised by the radiating ring around the space on the card.'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.