Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If an element is making a sharp turn that necessitates a move of greater than one tick to avoid stalling, how do you make sure it moves that minimum Distance?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Z.
Italy
GE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess/estimate by eye. I think it's the only way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Movement is by the ticks on the card, so you just count them. Not really anything to measure for movement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
Movement is by the ticks on the card, so you just count them. Not really anything to measure for movement.

In sharp turns some of the ticks are shorter than the stall speed. So if you want to move only 1 tick, and want to make a sharp turn, you have to continue past the "end tick" until you've traveled that minimum speed. I think there's a way to use string, but eyeing it will probably suffice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Nelson
msg tools
I'm considering highlighting stall speed on the performance ruler. The concern is adding more color marks and confusing the player. At present, just eyeballing it is good enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kishkumen wrote:
I'm considering highlighting stall speed on the performance ruler. The concern is adding more color marks and confusing the player. At present, just eyeballing it is good enough.

My experience is that eyeballing it works fine, and I agree that more ticks would be confusing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.