Paul Buckle
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Rodger & David!

I'm a backer - I just couldn't resist after watching the playthrough videos (keep them coming!!!). Rodger has this strange (?) ability to share his excitement with the viewer without coming over too obsessivly. Although I assume he IS obsessed with his game!

Onto the question - minitaures are likely not to be an add-on (good idea - this would no doubt slow the delivery of this must have, must fund beautifully epic dungeon crawl - guess I'm excited huh?). So, for those of us who like minis and may already have some stashed away waiting to appear in a dungeon near you, can you provide a list of the monsters so we can maybe start to collect them (and paint)?

You never know, if enough backers start ordering minis from Reaper for example, they might realise they could put a pack together and pay a percentage to the designer! That would be cool!

Best of luck with the campaing - ages to go yet and I hope you smash the funding!

Buks

PS Sorry for the gushing ramble but this game deserves praise especially as its from an independant designer. I'm actually surprised (nay shocked!) that this hasn't been picked up by an established game company.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodger Deering
United States
Elyria
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hey Paul! LOL, yeah...I'm a nut when I play my games! I just get so into it and fired up! I just have a lust for life, and live it to the fullest. But with Dungeon Crusade, or any other game, I just get into it and have fun!

But let me explain what I am doing for backers with Dungeon Crusade and miniatures. In creating the heroes, monsters and creatures that inhabit the land of Avalon, I'm going for the classic, archetypes. Skeleton Warriors, wraiths, cultists, undead dragons, ogres, etc.

So what I want is this. ALL of the heroes, monsters and creatures can easily be found at Reaper minis. From the heroes, to the monsters, you will be able to find a exact miniature to fit into the world of Dungeon Crusade.

Understand, we are not copying their design at all. Example. There is a stretch goal minion called a Dark Avenger. It's a heavily armored evil figure. You can easily find a mini at Reaper that you particularly like for your collection to represent him in the game. You may find a certain skeleton warrior you like at Reaper that you want in your collection. Get my point?

We aren't going to create a monster or creature you cannot find a miniature for. We will have a suggested list of the miniatures that will go nicely with Dungeon Crusade, but I encourage people to window shop there for something they like to add to their personal collection.

The guys at Reaper have been so kind and gracious to me and Dungeon Crusade over the years, the least I can do for them is steer our backers to them, for picking up their minis to use in Dungeon Crusade.

Turn 4 will be up tonight late. I hope you check it out, and get ready for turn 5! It's going to get pretty chaotic! LOL, I will "try" to contain myself.

And take a look at the new stretch goal layout. Myself and David rearranged them today, so alot of the great stuff unlocks first. Backers wanted that, so we gave it to them. Give your customers what they want, make them happy, and more often than not they'll come back to you for more.

Great hearing from you Paul, I wish you the best, talk to you soon...Rodger
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Buckle
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply Rodger! You do know that when you have finished the playthrough videos you have to record some more right? Maybe a more complex scenario? And then keep making more until we can play it ourselves!

Now I'm just getting too giddy. Need to calm down.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
danny kessel
Netherlands
Breda
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
Groovus wrote:
Hey Paul! LOL, yeah...I'm a nut when I play my games! I just get so into it and fired up! I just have a lust for life, and live it to the fullest. But with Dungeon Crusade, or any other game, I just get into it and have fun!

But let me explain what I am doing for backers with Dungeon Crusade and miniatures. In creating the heroes, monsters and creatures that inhabit the land of Avalon, I'm going for the classic, archetypes. Skeleton Warriors, wraiths, cultists, undead dragons, ogres, etc.

So what I want is this. ALL of the heroes, monsters and creatures can easily be found at Reaper minis. From the heroes, to the monsters, you will be able to find a exact miniature to fit into the world of Dungeon Crusade.

Understand, we are not copying their design at all. Example. There is a stretch goal minion called a Dark Avenger. It's a heavily armored evil figure. You can easily find a mini at Reaper that you particularly like for your collection to represent him in the game. You may find a certain skeleton warrior you like at Reaper that you want in your collection. Get my point?

We aren't going to create a monster or creature you cannot find a miniature for. We will have a suggested list of the miniatures that will go nicely with Dungeon Crusade, but I encourage people to window shop there for something they like to add to their personal collection.

The guys at Reaper have been so kind and gracious to me and Dungeon Crusade over the years, the least I can do for them is steer our backers to them, for picking up their minis to use in Dungeon Crusade.

Turn 4 will be up tonight late. I hope you check it out, and get ready for turn 5! It's going to get pretty chaotic! LOL, I will "try" to contain myself.

And take a look at the new stretch goal layout. Myself and David rearranged them today, so alot of the great stuff unlocks first. Backers wanted that, so we gave it to them. Give your customers what they want, make them happy, and more often than not they'll come back to you for more.

Great hearing from you Paul, I wish you the best, talk to you soon...Rodger

I've just read the Stretchgoals, nice goals... but the part that says "all pledge levels" probably should be "all pledge levels of $95 and more", seeing as I don't think you'll send the stretchgoals to the $5 pledge

In other news... hope the stretchgoals will be met.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.