Subject: Freezing on iOS app, any word on a fix soon? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
CARL SKUTSCH
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Agricola, Sekigahara, Concordia, Innovation, COOKIE!!! (and Guinness)
badge
The problem in the equation is people. Eliminate that, everything works.
mbmbmbmbmb
So I love the app on my iPad but it freezes mid game vs the AI. Anyone hear if this will fixed, or if the developers care?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
Telford
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I was just playing last night, really into a game on the 9th round when it froze. Someone mentioned in the review comments that it seemed to happen more in three and four player AI games but I have yet to test with only two.

Hopefully a fix comes soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Parker
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have given up on them. They have enough revenue, people will still buy the game anyway, Im guessing they just dont care.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
Telford
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I would think Playdek would patch it soon. I have their Lords of Waterdeep app as well and both have performed well in the past. Best thing to do would be to downgrade your App Store review and explain why until it's fixed.

I played a two player game tonight without problem. Could have been a coincidence but I'm wondering now..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CARL SKUTSCH
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying a few games with just the basic cards (E deck I think). So far, no problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spiro G
Croatia
Split
Dalmatia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I bought the game. I shall not spend my time trying to find settings that "work". This is outrageous behavior from Playdek - updating an app with new cards (to ignite new sales) and ignoring the fact it is buggy for more than 6 months. I was thinking whether they did not see it (when releasing for the first time) but that would mean their testing department is useless or they saw it and decided to ignore. I do not think about it any more. Bye bye Playdek and good luck getting someone else's money from now on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CARL SKUTSCH
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Complaints on this are valid, but I still like the app because it allows me to play with my buddies in other parts of the country. I've found no bugs ever in human vs. human play.

I gave them 3 stars and explained why in my iTunes review. They'll get 5 stars when they fix the AI bugs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Parker
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There are some bugs during pvp. Gardener and manure dont work together, Hayloft shows 1 VP but doesnt score it. I have found several others but cant remember off the top of my head.

But Spiro G said it all. They rushed to push out the G deck to get the revenue, probably knowing how buggy it was, and 6 months later they still havent fixed a major problem with the AI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.