Mice and Mystics: Downwood Tales» Forums » Rules

Subject: Compatability with S&R rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack F
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Is Downwood Tales compatible with Sorrow and Remembrance? By that, I mean can you use the characters, abilities, search cards, and encounters from Downwood Tales while playing Sorrow and Remembrance?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
Look to the past and learn for the future.
badge
Need to play games.....neeeeeed!
mbmb
Downwood is an expansion for S&R so all things carry over (except legendary things). To have the fullest experience play through the lost chapters and Mice and Mystics: Heart of Glorm. Great fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teeka
Netherlands
Naarden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a thread on what parts are left out here. (Warning: might contain some small spoilers.)
All the rest carries over, and can/will be used.

Though I totally recommend this too:
jeRm! wrote:
To have the fullest experience play through the lost chapters and Mice and Mystics: Heart of Glorm.

I think DT is still fun if you'd play it right after S&R (you don't need anything from HoG), but it's way more fun to progress through the entire story in the right order.

Game on!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Targanth Phelandir
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
imaloony wrote:
Is Downwood Tales compatible with Sorrow and Remembrance? By that, I mean can you use the characters, abilities, search cards, and encounters from Downwood Tales while playing Sorrow and Remembrance?

Sorrow and Remembrance is REQUIRED to be able to play Downwood Tales. The story requires the use of certain of the mice figures and also uses some of the map tiles.

Using Downwood Tales elements with Sorrow and Remembrance can be done. The Heroes can certainly be used. It becomes a bit less thematic to use the outdoor minions in the indoor setting, but you certainly could use Encounter cards from Downwood if you wished.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.