roger cox
United States
Spartanburg
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Harbinger card says whenever a character is in the same region as the Harbinger, and is instructed... to draw cards, he MUST draw Harbinger cards instead. Sounds cut and dried. The alternate ending we're playing is from Neyther Worlds--The Hunt, which reads "Whenever a character draws adventure cards, he MAY discard one card of his choice and draw a card from the Nether Deck to replace it, which he much encounter." I think you see the contraindicationn here. So, when I am in the same region Mr. Harbinger occupies and I land on a space that says draw one adventure card, do I... 1) HAVE do draw a Harbinger Card and encounter it? OR... 2) Draw a Harbinger card, look at it, cogitate awhile and then decide if I want to encounter it or discard it and draw a Nether Worlds card? or something else?

One other little question: If I duck into the Woodlands or City expansion boards, and harbinger is still walking the earth on the outer plane of the main board, am I considered "in the same Region" as the Harbinger? Or do the expansion count as a completely different region?

Thank you all for the help you've been over the past few days,

Roger

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules, under "Harbinger cards" says:
"Harbinger cards do not count as Adventure
cards while being drawn and cannot be
affected by the Orb of Knowledge, the
Prophetess’ ability, or similar effects.

Once a Harbinger card has been placed
faceup on a space, it is treated as an
Adventure card."

This means you are not considered to be drawing Adventure cards when you draw Harbinger cards. The Hunt says you may discard a drawn card and replace it with a Nether card when you draw Adventure cards. By a strict interpretation of the rules, I would say you cannot replace a Harbinger card with a Nether Realm card with The Hunt.

Each expansion board (e.g. City, Dungeon) is a separate region from the 3 regions on the main board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
roger cox
United States
Spartanburg
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Much obliged again Aaron You're 3 of 3 helping me out. I appreciate it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.