7 Posts

Liberty Roads» Forums » Rules

Subject: Support "Enigna" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
servando sancho
Spain
flag msg tools
When attacking a fortress with this support, (all the advantages bound to the Festung marker are ignorcd for this turn) what´s happen if the germnan unit is destroyed? Go to reemplacement pool or retired units pool?
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Raitt
United Kingdom
Boston
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Its retired. Permanent elimination is a disadvantage not an advantage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Tonge
United Kingdom
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
The support marker clearly removes the 'Festung' terrain, but does it also remove the festung's automatic supply?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
stuuk wrote:
The support marker clearly removes the 'Festung' terrain, but does it also remove the festung's automatic supply?

Well if there's no Festung marker, I believe you judge supply at the moment of combat. No marker (and otherwise unable to trace supply), no supply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Tonge
United Kingdom
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Yes that's what we played. It does make 'Enigma' almost too good.

Out of interest can anyone think of a rationale for what this represents? (in terms of Enigma I mean.. clearly it could be 'ran out of supplies' 'Germans surrender' and all kinds of non-Enigma related things)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
stuuk wrote:
Yes that's what we played. It does make 'Enigma' almost too good.

Out of interest can anyone think of a rationale for what this represents? (in terms of Enigma I mean.. clearly it could be 'ran out of supplies' 'Germans surrender' and all kinds of non-Enigma related things)

My wifzen* is that it represents detailed intel on German plans and on precisely what is happening at that location, useful enough that it allows the Allies to nullify the defensive benefits.

*i.e., an attempt to explain why something is the way it is, us WIF players use this...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Raitt
United Kingdom
Boston
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What does enigma represent when used against festungs? Maybe the time and route of a u-boat supply run carrying something vital like radio spares got decrypted. Perhaps a safe route through minefield allowing the navy to bombard at point blank range.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.