Subject: 'Steel Legion Chimera' question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
The text for this card reads - "Reaction: After a non-Vehicle unit you control at this planet is assigned damage by an attack, prevent 1 of that damage."

So does this mean that if there are two 'Steel Legion Chimera' in a battle that they would prevent 2 damage to a non-vehicle unit. I am assuming so - it just seemed very powerful yesterday evening when I managed to get 3 of these present in one battle.

Also, this ability applies even if they are exhausted - yes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwarz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe so. The big takeaway though is that the Chimeras can't protect vehicles, so if your opponent's infantry is a problem, make sure you snuff the transports as fast as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, if you had three out, they would prevent 3 damage to a non-vehicle unit. And yes still works if they are exhausted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berger
United States
Round Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Yes. It can be strong, but the "easy" answer is to just kill the Chimeras first. A fun combo that I like is to have a Blood Angel Veteran with Bodyguard on him at the same planet with the Chimera. So if they attack the Chimera, the damage is reduced by 1 - if they attack the Veteran, the damage is reduced by 2 (if he's ready, of course).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the confirmation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.