Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island» Forums » General

Subject: Game of the Year Edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Atanasije Stojkovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any news on the GOTY edition? I wanted to buy Crusoe, but just heard that a new edition might be coming up. Not sure if the new edition is available at all.

Portal's website is seemingly mysterious as it contains no news whatsoever; there's even no hint about a new edition:

http://portalgames.pl/new_en/all-game-list/robinson/

The latest news is from December last year. Nothing about a GoTY edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Wątorski
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
Do you wanna play a game?
badge
We are all prisoners inside the cage of our own flesh.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sargeras777 wrote:
Is there any news on the GOTY edition? I wanted to buy Crusoe, but just heard that a new edition might be coming up. Not sure if the new edition is available at all.

Portal's website is seemingly mysterious as it contains no news whatsoever; there's even no hint about a new edition:

http://portalgames.pl/new_en/all-game-list/robinson/

The latest news is from December last year. Nothing about a GoTY edition.

Game of the year edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd guess that they're not allowed to formally advertise while Z-Man still owns the publishing rights, and as soon as those rights lapse, we'll hear all about the new edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Lesperance
United States
Northville
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually learn about games years after they launch. For example, I just started checking this game out a month ago.

As such, I usually don't worry much about launch dates! But just recently I find myself on the bleeding edge of a few games. And from my very limited experience... not a single game has come close to its expected launch date.

So, here I am thinking: September isn't so bad. I can wait for a GOTY edition.

But is it realistic to think that that date is realistic? I'm really not being a jerk. Do people who know more about the industry or this company feel good about September? Or do you think its more likely just a number on a dart board?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M K
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vlesperance wrote:
Or do you think its more likely just a number on a dart board?

the polish version of the GOTY is already done, english version is announced for october september. since spiel in essen is a pretty big deal, I'm pretty sure they want to hit that date.

ofc when it will be available in the US is a different topic, if you know someone going to essen he/she might be able to pick you up a copy (or get first martians which might be on sale sooner) if the us release is months away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atanasije Stojkovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
runtsta wrote:
I'd guess that they're not allowed to formally advertise while Z-Man still owns the publishing rights, and as soon as those rights lapse, we'll hear all about the new edition.

And when is this rights transfer happening?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometime this summer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh S
United States
Peachtree City
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
It may be worth waiting for the new edition in September, as MSRP went from $80 to $65. Miniature market currently has the GOTY edition on pre-order for $41.60!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.