Star Realms» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: King of the Cosmos: Qualifier Wave 68 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Hunsberger
United States
Texas
flag msg tools

Welcome to King of the Cosmos Qualifier Tournament! You are part of the 68th wave. You should subscribe to this thread and the King of the Cosmos Main Thread https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1462871/king-cosmos-main-di... for updates.

Rules/Reminders:
This is a single-game, single elimination tournament bracket.
The seeds have been randomized using random.org’s random series generator.
The player on the top of the bracket is the HOME player.
The games shall be played using the HOME player’s expansion preference. This should be indicated in the match listings below.
Refusing or being unable to play with the HOME player’s preference will result in automatic forfeit.(However, a HOME player may accept a challenge not in his preference, and the result of said game will count.)
[b[Games should take no longer than 3 days.[/b] After 3 days you will get a warning Geekmail. After 5 days the game will default and both players will lose barring extenuating circumstances.
Autorenew players must interact with this thread if they wish to be re-added to the waitlist. “Interacting” is making any post in this thread or up-thumbing the thread itself, the original post, or the post that reports your loss.

Report your results in this thread only. You can report final authority scores, I’m recording them for posterity, but it is not required. Also, please indicate when challenges have been sent.

I will try to post whenever a new match or set of matches need to be played. However, if you have posted your result and know who you need to play next (with what expansions), you do not need to wait for me to post the matches.

If you lose, you are unfortunately out of the tournament. However, if you’d like to try again, make a post saying so either here or back in the sign-up thread in the General forum . You’ll get added right back into the waiting list for another shot at being King.

If you happen to win this qualifier tournament, congratulations! You are now a Challenger. I will add you to the Challenger list. Soon you will be able to play against the King of the Cosmos, but be patient as there may be other Challengers already waiting in line. Watch the King of the Cosmos Main Thread for when your match is ready to be played.

Without further ado, here are the matches to be played:

HOME vs AWAY
FrUnitSeven (B) vs DarthChronos
Horowits (V) vs ColinMacLeod
kamillian (NP) vs Tuen
Deegan (BG) vs xmouser
Dusto (BE) vs Quizmaster
crzyjstr (NP) vs CrankyDay
younggbg (V) vs AJEddy
Vidarrr (B) vs Oreok

You can also see this Wave’s (and others’) progress at this Google Sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mpioOvGKQP9R8Bviwaq8... Just go to the tab with your wave number!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chollange sent to crzyjstr
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Promptly defeated in one of those one-sided game which happens sometimes, FrUnitSeven can be put back on the wait list for next waves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K. Muhlestein
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Challenged Tuen to 1B
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Newport
msg tools
badge
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power. Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The force shall free me.
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthChronos' battle with FrUnitSeven was swift. FrUnitSeven had an exclusive treaty with the Machine Cult, which irked DarthChronos. But FrUnitSeven was not expecting DarthChronos' Trade Federation bases. DarthChronos made good use of his Central Office, with his Defense Center protecting it. The Embassy Yacht allowed DarthChronos to move his fleet very quickly, and FrUnitSeven was forced to surrender.

DarthChronos defeats FrUnitSeven
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E. N.
msg tools
mb
Tuen (the II) over kamillian

GG! My brains are a bit scrambled from working so long, so I don't really know what happened. I played stuff, you played stuff, then I won. I guess???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K. Muhlestein
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Tuen9 wrote:
Tuen (the II) over kamillian

GG! My brains are a bit scrambled from working so long, so I don't really know what happened. I played stuff, you played stuff, then I won. I guess???

I'm not sure what happened either! All of a sudden you had a command ship then a mother ship and then just an explosion of death! GG!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Edmunds
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AJEddy over younggbg. GG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vidar Ambrosiani
Sweden
Nyköping
Södermanland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vidarrr over Oreok in a 36-turn death match.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Hunsberger
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
New match is ready!

HOME vs AWAY
AJEddy (V) vs Vidarrr

Best of luck!

Added to waitlist:
FrUnitSeven
kamillian

Need interaction:
younggbg
Oreook

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ori Kagan
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vidarrr wrote:
Vidarrr over Oreok in a 36-turn death match.

Where did that game go wrong? I was sure it was a win for me...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vidar Ambrosiani
Sweden
Nyköping
Södermanland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you were winning both the short game (better combat) and the long game (better scrap, although very little better).

So, my only chance was the very long game (base spam). You tried to counter that with the very, very long game (more scrap) but that led to you getting too low average combat. And when that happened I got a bit lucky and managed to get several bases out at the same time, and some stayed out, and you had too little life gain for your very very long game. If we had played 4-5 more turns you would have won again (due to scrapping out) but at that certain point my deck had enough to kill you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erskine Thompson
United States
Rome
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He may not even realize that the game we played was for this purpose, but

Dusto def. Quizmaster

in a battle that was really more of a squash match. I never got off the ground really, as Dusto seemed to be one step ahead of me hitting the trade row every single time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vidar Ambrosiani
Sweden
Nyköping
Södermanland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vidarrr over AJEddy, central office FTW (picking up blob carrier, mothership and dreadnaught before it went down the first time...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Edmunds
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unreal. I was ready to concede when you grabbed the Dreadnaught, but played it out knowing I had exactly 0 chance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trayton Otto
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColinMacLeod over horowitz in a slow 28-turn game (42:-1)

Challenge out to DarthChronos (1B).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ROBERT DEEGAN
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Deegan defeats xmouser, also with a very useful Central Office
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trayton Otto
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColinMacLeod calls upon the Blobs and a Stealthy Needle to swarm DarthChronos in a speedblob deck.

Tuen, do me a favor and keep Deegan from getting through. I'm waiting (GB) for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E. N.
msg tools
mb
ColinMacLeod wrote:
ColinMacLeod calls upon the Blobs and a Stealthy Needle to swarm DarthChronos in a speedblob deck.

Tuen, do me a favor and keep Deegan from getting through. I'm waiting (GB) for you.

I get home field advantage (1B) for a fight against Deegan (will issue challenge after this comment) and you want to greet me with GB?

THE ANGST RIDDEN PRINCE CONSIDERS SANDBAGGING.

The actual player refuses to do so :-p.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E. N.
msg tools
mb
Tuen9 wrote:
ColinMacLeod wrote:

I get home field advantage (1B) for a fight against Deegan (will issue challenge after this comment) and you want to greet me with GB?

THE ANGST RIDDEN PRINCE CONSIDERS SANDBAGGING.

The actual player refuses to do so :-p.

Whelp. Too bad, so sad for Colin. See, people give Deegan grief for the extra random factors of his preferred expansions... but uhhh, I don't think that actually matters. He's just good, ha ha.

HAVE FUN!

Deegan over Tuen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CrankyDay over Crzyjstr.

(BE) challenge out to Dusto.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Brehmer
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CrankyDay over Dusto.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes the luck in this game is just obscene. Sorry Dusto, there are some uphill battles just not worth fighting.

CrankyDay over Dusto
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Time for my inevitable end at the hand of Vidarrr, yet again.

(BE) challenge sent!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CrankyDay wrote:
Time for my inevitable end at the hand of Vidarrr, yet again.

(BE) challenge sent!

The inevitability of it was not overstated. I was probably dead in the water within the first two decks, barring a miracle. But I certainly made it draw on for as long as I possibly could.

Vidarrr over CrankyDay in 31 turns
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.