Subject: Teacher abuses 13yr old for sex. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/alexandria-vera-docs-teacher-had...

Another story and a few questions fo4 any willing to dive into the cesspool.

1)Upon reading the tagline, if you hadn't seen information did you assume the gender roles involved, and was your assuption correct?

2)Is there an interesting language artifact in this headline (the article) in particular. 'Student who impregnated her.' Yes it is technically accurate as the male's sperm is involved, but iust reading that line, do folks feel it indicated an active and passive participant? Does it assign a level of culpability and intent we generally, legally, don't assign to 13yr olds?

3)What do you think of the boy's family? Do you think a similar reaction would have happened if the genders were reversed?

4)Does anyone want to guess at the outcome? Will there be real jailtime, or will it be like the FL teacher who basically did enough time to have another baby by her lover and get out when he turned 18?

For my input I think she should be burried in jail(or shivved) just like any dude would be, because it's disgusting no matter which side is who.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I again contend that it is not abuse if it is something the guy will masturbate to in ten years. Inappropriate, but not abuse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The real shocking thing about this case, other than that she was attractive and was still sleeping with a THIRTEEN YEAR OLD WTF, is that his family was apparently totally on board with it and she was welcome at family functions.

What? WHAT? What kind of messed up family lets their 13-year-old bring their teacher/girlfriend to family functions? "Hey, this is our barely teenage son and his 20-something girlfriend, who is also his teacher. But this is tooooootally normal."

The parents should go to prison longer than the teacher. Clearly the way they raised him made him feel like this behavior was okay. Imagine if the sexes were reversed, the parents probably WOULD be arrested in that case. Straight child abuse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
1) I assumed it was a woman and boy because those stories always make headlines in RSP.

2) Student who impregnated her? It's technically true, right? It's clickhole writing. Don't overread it.

3)What do you think of the boy's family? Fucking idiots.

Do you think a similar reaction would have happened if the genders were reversed? No, obviously.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Myers
United States
Redmond
WA
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're fucked up enough to sleep with a 13 year old, you're probably fucked up enough to think his parents are ok with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mb
jeremycobert wrote:
I again contend that it is not abuse if it is something the guy will masturbate to in ten years. Inappropriate, but not abuse.

Hell, I'm masturbating to it right now. Inappropriate, but don't you dare stigmatize my self-abuse!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
garygarison wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:

Hell, I'm masturbating to it right now. Inappropriate, but don't you dare stigmatize my self-abuse!

That pretty much takes the cake, Gary. Masturbating to images of a thirteen year old and this women. Nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
she2 wrote:
garygarison wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:

That pretty much takes the cake, Gary. Masturbating to images of a thirteen year old and this women. Nice.

I pretty much regret every time I've bothered engaging with jeremy or gary at this point.

They are either trolls or filth. Either way, they are not worth my time. Or anyone else's for that matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mb
she2 wrote:
garygarison wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:

That sounds like stigmatization there. Not right, man, not right. I'm an adult and I'm enthusiastically consenting with myself.

Besides, I'm not really masturbating to images of a thirteen year old and that woman. Those images in the Feminism & Marriage thread of student protesters with tape over their mouths, though? Yowza!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mb
Shampoo4you wrote:
I pretty much regret every time I've bothered engaging with jeremy or gary at this point.

They are either trolls or filth. Either way, they are not worth my time. Or anyone else's for that matter.

You're being too harsh. I identify as "RSP fluid", which means I freely move from serious to salacious to back again. Don't invalidate me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
garygarison wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:

You're being too harsh. I identify as "RSP fluid", which means I freely move from serious to salacious to back again. Don't invalidate me!

I'm sorry sweetheart, did I trigger you?

What happens when a troll gets triggered?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah the parents are slime and should be jailed for child abuse as well. If it was a 13yr old girl they sure would be.

This isn't some gotcha thread, I am actually curious how various people react, and hearing reactions with context is informative.

It's about basic equal treatment. Either we protect both genders or neither. I don't for a,moment believe there is a parity in the percentage of abusers/victims by gender, but when it happens the axe needs to fall hard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:

He starts calling people sweetheart ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:

No, I think it's "cuck" actually, based on my recent matches of Overwatch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:

No, I think it's "cuck" actually, based on my recent matches of Overwatch.

Ahh yes, thank you for reminding my why I don't play online FPS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Foy
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The woman is a adult, a teacher and she knew the rules (which protect children). She should go to jail and never teach again.

Now I did read a story where the teacher's actions were understandable (though I'm not defending her). He was a 17 y.o. football player and she was a 22 y.o. substitute teacher. She was very flattered when the football player started paying attention to her. He wanted to have sex with a teacher. She gave him a blow job and realized he was snapping pictures during the act. She sent him text messages begging him to delete the pictures. He sent the pictures to his friends bragging about his conquest. She got fired (and last I heard) was being prosecuted.

No excuses for her but at least I can understand the thinking. I have no idea what is driving a 24 y.o. woman to have sex with a 13 y.o. boy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drunk...

Somehow clear from the headline it was a female and an underage male.

She should go to jail. And stay there a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

1)Upon reading the tagline, if you hadn't seen information did you assume the gender roles involved, and was your assuption correct?[/q]Given other stories I made no assumption as to the sex of the teacher.
Quote:

2)Is there an interesting language artifact in this headline (the article) in particular. 'Student who impregnated her.' Yes it is technically accurate as the male's sperm is involved, but iust reading that line, do folks feel it indicated an active and passive participant? Does it assign a level of culpability and intent we generally, legally, don't assign to 13yr olds?
Yes, of course he impregnated her, that says nothing about his capability
Quote:

3)What do you think of the boy's family? Do you think a similar reaction would have happened if the genders were reversed?
NO, it would be rape (as it was in this case, legally (or should be)).

4)Does anyone want to guess at the outcome? Will there be real jailtime, or will it be like the FL teacher who basically did enough time to have another baby by her lover and get out when he turned 18?[/q]The latter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
flamespeak wrote:
Both cases involve someone with a position of power over another individual using them to satisfy their own sexual desires. It is rape and should be treated as such in both cases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
flamespeak wrote:
Both cases involve someone with a position of power over another individual using them to satisfy their own sexual desires. It is rape and should be treated as such in both cases.

YOu are aware of the legal difference between someone who you have a duty of care towards and just an employee?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
flamespeak wrote:

YOu are aware of the legal difference between someone who you have a duty of care towards and just an employee?

Jeremy already said he sees nothing wrong with a 22 year old having sex with a 13 year old. It's no surprise he would equate the two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:

I just found a rant about pedophilia that Jeremy recently posted on youtube . The rant really starts to get going around 1:30 and the last 2 minutes or so are pure gold...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
she2 wrote:
1) I assumed it was a woman and boy because those stories always make headlines in RSP.

2) Student who impregnated her? It's technically true, right? It's clickhole writing. Don't overread it.

3)What do you think of the boy's family? Fucking idiots.

Do you think a similar reaction would have happened if the genders were reversed? No, obviously.

Yup. This is disgusting.

Although, to be honest, the 14-year-old boy that still lives inside my head who occasionally wonders where these attractive, 20-something teachers were when he was in eighth grade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:

um.. What is the duty of the highest position of power in the nation ?

Dispaminite wrote:
Jeremy already said he sees nothing wrong with a 22 year old female having sex with a 13 year male old. It's no surprise he would equate the two.

FTFY

I have double standard in these type case as I already pointed out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
I have double standard in these type case as I already pointed out.

What if the 13 year old girl is really into it? Would that make it okay? I mean, girls can have sexual desires and crazy kinks too. No reason she can't masturbate to it 10 years too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.