Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jose Magallanes
United States
Buda
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Under 3. Terminology[...], Movement Allowance (MA) is the number of spaces a unit may enter during an Action Round when activated for movement.

10.1 Then states that units may never spend more MPs than their MA in a single turn.

I understand that both of these rules can be true at the same time, but how exactly are people tracking that their units have already moved 5 spaces over 3 rounds? Are we supposed to include movement from advancement? Is there something I'm missing here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Farrand
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I believe the use of the word turn in 10.1 is not correct. The move allowance is for each movement activation. It would be incredibly burdensome to have to track movement allowance over the course of multiple activations in a turn. This would also be highly restrictive considering the scale of time and distance in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Hornblower
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I always played that rule with the meaning of turn as "action phase". Also because the corrispective rule in PoG says:

A unit may never spend more MPs than its Movement Factor
in a single Action Round. Unused MPs cannot be accumulated
for future Action Rounds or transferred to other units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Szarka
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
When it is your turn to send a VASSAL move, the wait is excruciating. When it's my turn, well, I've been busy.
mbmbmbmbmb
ErnestBORG9 wrote:
I believe the use of the word turn in 10.1 is not correct. The move allowance is for each movement activation. It would be incredibly burdensome to have to track movement allowance over the course of multiple activations in a turn. This would also be highly restrictive considering the scale of time and distance in the game.

The game mechanics wouldn't work if the movement allowance was per turn. The definition section is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Jepsen Preusse
Denmark
Copenhagen S
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
But can you move 5 and exploit 3 spares after combat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoltan Geffert
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can. End up the movement under a combat marker and you can advance 3 spaces if the combat is successful.
And as an extra by using the Axis GUDERIAN or the Allied PATTON event you can have a second attack. If again successful, with the Axis unit you can advance 1 and with the Allied unit 2 more spaces giving a total of 9 spaces of movement and advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.