Rhys Corlett
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
I brought this without thinking it through
badge
I don't have to explain my art to you
mbmbmbmbmb
They just announced the new module at meltdown and mentioned there would be a boardgame tie-in.
Hoping it'll be a new Adventure System game, rather than something less awesome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wulung chuanfa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Subscribed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Daum
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unlikely?

http://dnd.wizards.com/products/tabletop-games/miniatures/mi...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Corley

Utah
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bummer. A giant-themed Adventure System game would be cool though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Conroy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I happened to catch that and was wondering the same thing. But to be honest I think wizards feel they are done with the Adventure System..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
f h
msg tools
achates wrote:
Yeah I happened to catch that and was wondering the same thing. But to be honest I think wizards feel they are done with the Adventure System..

Isn't that what people were saying before ToEE came out though?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul H
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
Why aren't you at your post?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For those that want the description, but not the link:

Quote:
COMING 2017

Assault of the Giants is a new Dungeons & Dragons board game designed by Andrew Parks. Designed for 2-6 players, Assault of the Giants challenges players to command one of the six types of giants and claim the right to rule over all giantkind. Command giants and assault settlements to score points and secure important resources, including food, treasure, ore, and runes. Contents include 14 Giants miniatures, measuring from approximately 4” to over 5 ½” in height. Assault of the Giants is scheduled to release in Spring 2017.

I'm imagining gameplay that is loosely modeled after Blood Rage, Kemet, and/or Chaos in the Old World.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabrizio Scaglione
msg tools
another skirmish...I will save my money...

When I saw the box of wrath of ashardalon in the video preview of Meltdown event, I hoped so far to see a new adventure system...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Stewart
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
COMING 2017
Assault of the Giants is a new Dungeons & Dragons board game designed by Andrew Parks. Designed for 2-6 players, Assault of the Giants challenges players to command one of the six types of giants and claim the right to rule over all giantkind. Command giants and assault settlements to score points and secure important resources, including food, treasure, ore, and runes. Contents include 14 Giants miniatures, measuring from approximately 4” to over 5 ½” in height. Assault of the Giants is scheduled to release in Spring 2017.

Thank you for posting that. I was gonna try to get around to doing that. Makes it easier for some people.

Y'know, (and I know this isn't gonna happen) they could make D&DAGS people so VERY happy if they just included Monster and/or Villain cards for those giants. It would be SO easy to do and it would only be another 14 (or 28?) cards to print. Sure, there's the cost of designing and making them up, but surely there's already templates for that so it shouldn't be a BIG deal.

I know, I'm a dreamer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
mb
Don't leave out the worst part:
WizKids wrote:
Assault of the Giants is scheduled to release in Spring 2017, with an MSRP of $99.99 USD.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Stewart
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
MSRP of $99.99 USD.
You got a source for that price?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
EverywhereGames wrote:
fightcitymayor wrote:
MSRP of $99.99 USD.

The price was listed on the ICv2 article.

http://icv2.com/articles/news/view/34626/wizkids-goes-giant-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mb
EverywhereGames wrote:
fightcitymayor wrote:
MSRP of $99.99 USD.
The actual WizKids press release:

http://wizkids.com/blog/2016/06/02/wizkids-announces-a-new-d...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Stewart
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
Cool. I'm afraid to think of what that's going to be in real money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mb
EverywhereGames wrote:
fightcitymayor wrote:
Cool. I'm afraid tho think of what that's going to be in real money.
More than I am comfortable paying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Schelter
Canada
Bracebridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EverywhereGames wrote:
Y'know, (and I know this isn't gonna happen) they could make D&DAGS people so VERY happy if they just included Monster and/or Villain cards for those giants. It would be SO easy to do and it would only be another 14 (or 28?) cards to print. Sure, there's the cost of designing and making them up, but surely there's already templates for that so it shouldn't be a BIG deal.

I like what Paizo did for their Pathfinder Adventures Card Game. They made the templates available on a card production website. Fans can design cards on that template and publish it on the manufacturers web store. Others can then print on demand and get high quality, fan produced cards to make custom expansions for their game. It removes a layer of difficulty to get custom cards compared to the way we have been doing it for D&DAS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rhys Corlett
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
I brought this without thinking it through
badge
I don't have to explain my art to you
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, that's disappointing.
And, yeah - it seems like it would be easy just to add some optional cards into the miniature packs, just like they did with the Dungeon Command packs. If nothing else it could drive sales of the older games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
my local online shop posted these new minis .. not D&DAS but they do or did tend to re use..

https://www.gameslore.com/acatalog/Games_New_Releases_22_Mar...

lovely displacer beast and griffon and blink dogs and heros selection here, would love get these and fan make a monster hero cards either way

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Stewart
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Milarky wrote:
my local online shop posted these new minis .. not D&DAS but they do or did tend to re use..
https://www.gameslore.com/acatalog/Games_New_Releases_22_Mar...
lovely displacer beast and griffon and blink dogs and heros selection here, would love get these and fan make a monster hero cards either way
Are these WotC minis though? A lot of these seem to be similar to what's already in the D&DAGS games so I'd prefer to see something new. Or at least a re-do of *some* old stuff. The Griffon and Unicorn I'd love to see in a D&DAGS game though. Not sure that they would count as bosses or enemies though. Unless they released a version where the "heroes" are the "bad guys" and you have to take out hordes of goody-two-shoes grunts and bosses?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
EverywhereGames wrote:
Are these WotC minis though? A lot of these seem to be similar to what's already in the D&DAGS games so I'd prefer to see something new. Or at least a re-do of *some* old stuff. The Griffon and Unicorn I'd love to see in a D&DAGS game though. Not sure that they would count as bosses or enemies though. Unless they released a version where the "heroes" are the "bad guys" and you have to take out hordes of goody-two-shoes grunts and bosses?

These are part of a new Wizkids range of unpainted miniatures.

Dungeons & Dragons Nolzur’s Marvelous Miniatures

Pathfinder Battles: Deep Cuts

Wizkids are the ones who are producing the painted miniatures for both D&D Icons of the Realms and Pathfinder Battles.

The unpainted range are due for release this Thursday (23rd) and I'm looking forward to see what they look like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Stewart
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xris wrote:
Thank you for that! I am VERY interested to see these! I wonder why it took them so long to do this? I have heard that some people were buying the pre-paints and re-doing them so why not skip the middle part? I wonder if these will be blind-packed or in sets of threes? Will they be priced similarly to Reaper Bones?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
EverywhereGames wrote:
xris wrote:
Thank you for that! I am VERY interested to see these! I wonder why it took them so long to do this? I have heard that some people were buying the pre-paints and re-doing them so why not skip the middle part? I wonder if these will be blind-packed or in sets of threes? Will they be priced similarly to Reaper Bones?

They are sold "properly"

You know exactly what you're getting when you purchase them. I suspect they come in the usual blister packs so you can see the contents (I should find out soon as my models were posted yesterday).

The number of miniatures range from 1 to 3 but the price remains the same. In the UK they cost £3.99, in the US the price is $3.99.

For monsters you get between 1 to 3 miniatures (each a different sculpt), Heroes you get 2 miniatures (each a different sculpt).

For the Heroes, the two miniatures are of the same character but in very different sculpts, in most cases featuring different poses and wearing different gear (possibly a powered-up version).

I now just noticed that there's a smaller second range of these due for release in June/July 2017. My initial impression is that they aren't going to be "reprinted", once stock runs out, they may no longer be available (just like the Wizkids painted range of miniatures).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
xris wrote:
I suspect they come in the usual blister packs so you can see the contents.

They do come in blister packs.

Have a look at the YouTube video.

D&D / PATHFINDER - Unpainted Miniatures Preview (Tabletop Weekly)

Nice little introduction to the series on miniatures, quick as well since they have only been released today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Stewart
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xris wrote:
Hmm, WAY over packaged, pre-primed, and look like they still may need some cleaning up. Is there a reason they come with bases that weren't molded in? But I love the transparent bits! Definitely gonna pick up a few packages when I get a chance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Conroy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sculpts look nice though. Definitely a step up from the LoD models.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.