Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Steininger
Germany
Darmstadt/Dieburg
flag msg tools
Hi all,
There was something i just didn´t find in the rules:

When you do the set-up, everyone gets 3 event cards. If there are discovery cards among them, when do you play them? I think it´s not in the rules.
The rules only say that you have to play discovery cards as soon as you draw them when using the scientist, but what about the ones you start with?

Great game, BTW.
Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giles Pritchard
Australia
Shepparton
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state:

Quote:
Event cards are shuffled and dealt. Each player recieves three Event cards. Players look at their cards, choose one Bonus card that they keep, and discard the remaining cards. The Bonus card that was kept should be kept a secret from all the other players. If a player recieves only Discovery cards, he should show them to the other players, discard them, and receive three new cards. This is repeated until such a player recieves one Bonus card.

(The bold section was highlighted by me)

Therefore - I read that unless you receive all Discovery cards you simply choose from those you have, be it 1, 2 or 3 Bonus cards. You only get a new set of 3 cards if all of your original 3 cards are discovery cards.

I hope this helps!!

Have fun with this great game!

Cheers.

Giles.

EDIT - and of the three cards you are dealt you only get to keep 1 Bonus card, the other two cards are discarded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Steininger
Germany
Darmstadt/Dieburg
flag msg tools
What I meant was what to do with the discovery cards you draw in the setup of the game. You draw 3 cards, so what do you do with the discovery cards among them? When can they be played?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You only keep 1 of the 3 cards... and that has to be a bonus. If you get ALL discovery cards, you call a mulligan, discard them and draw 3 fresh (still only keeping 1).

edit: all the discarded discovery and bonus cards are shuffled back into the deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giles Pritchard
Australia
Shepparton
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is during set-up. During set-up you draw three cards and get to pick and keep one Bonus card - with the above rules applying.

Cheers!

Giles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Any Discovery cards you draw during the game set-up *can't* be played - they're re-shuffled back into the deck to be drawn later. You only keep one Bonus card and that's it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.