Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Fortune
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you guys think of a creative way to play this game with 6 players consisting of 4 adults and 2 kids?

I am planning on introducing this to some muggles (fingers crossed) to at least get a regular game in, but there are 6 or 7 of us. I am thinking that I will pretty much just moderate the game and make sure the rules get followed. That still leaves 3 adults and probably 2 kids. I am thinking that one of the adults will share a role with their kids.

Other than what I am planning - are there any other ways to play this game with 6 people in a fun way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. In fact you start with only 5 characters so even if you were to house rule it, which I really don't recommend, you wouldn't have enough of them to do 6 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
How old are the kids?

Be aware that, as the season's plot develops, things become a little darker than normal Pandemic. For adults, that's immersive and compelling, but it might trouble some children.

Confining myself to information you have before you start, it's possible for cities to panic, riot and fall into chaos. And characters can become scarred or even die (tear it up - it's gone forever).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If they are well and truly muggles - why not start with regular pandemic and see if they want to play it again and again?

Yes a big part of PL is opening the boxes and the story unfolding but let's not assume they will love the game itself if they haven't played it before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fortune
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I play a regular game of Pandemic with the Legacy box then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes - it's actually encouraged - right in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Crawford
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd agree with that suggestion -- play a normal game of Pandemic first with everyone. That way, everyone can learn the rules together, and people can just "pair up" to play 4 characters in total. It helps a lot if everyone has played vanilla Pandemic before starting in on the Legacy.

In Pandemic Legacy's rules, you play with everyone's cards face up, which works well for playing with extra people that are pairing up. (The original Pandemic has everyone keeping their cards hidden.)

But for playing the actual Legacy game and in general, I'm not really a fan of pairing up. If you are really going to always have 6-7 people, I'd just split up into two games. It's more expensive but then everyone will feel more tied to their world. However, if realistically not everyone will be there every time, it's fine to rotate people in and out (in my opinion).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Blum
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
Playing regularly is both possible and encouraged before you dive into the Legacy edition. You can absolutely do it on the board as set at the beginning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Martell
New Zealand
Lower Hutt
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I also note that because it is a co-op, you can technically quite easily play with more people than characters - it just takes depends how you agree to make decisions as a group and risks being slightly less immersive for some people.

You can't play with 6 characters, but you can play 4 characters between 6 or 7 people, in some way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
noblejohn wrote:
Can I play a regular game of Pandemic with the Legacy box then?
Yes, but only up to four players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Thai
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
My gaming group is 6-7 players. We use four characters and all share in the decisions and outcomes, since this is a co-op game.

As for having kids and playing for the first time, play regular pandemic with the on the brink expansion. It adds more characters, expands up to six players, add more variable game play like the Bio terrorist, and has more repay ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Barber
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Hello guys,

Just bumping it this topic as I have similar question...
Thinking to buy this game for my group (GF family) that gets more and more together for games and like co-ops game particularly.

Think this would be a hit, BUT,
Our group is clearly 5 people.

Can you advise on how strictly do you think this is 4 players ?

I get we play 4 characters but is there an alternative ?
Or is it pretty much 2 people have to play a character together ? Is it better that or a bossy person/me/person that teaches the rules gets to be moderator and take part in common decisions ?

Many thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nicopenny wrote:
Hello guys,

Just bumping it this topic as I have similar question...
Thinking to buy this game for my group (GF family) that gets more and more together for games and like co-ops game particularly.

Think this would be a hit, BUT,
Our group is clearly 5 people.

Can you advise on how strictly do you think this is 4 players ?

I get we play 4 characters but is there an alternative ?
Or is it pretty much 2 people have to play a character together ? Is it better that or a bossy person/me/person that teaches the rules gets to be moderator and take part in common decisions ?

Many thanks

You'll probably find that the whole campaign's played by committee anyway, so associating a specific pawn and hand of cards with a specific person is largely a book-keeping convenience. It's up to you whether you prefer to have two people sharing a single hand, or have one person without a specific assignment - they'll all participate in every decision anyway...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.